This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, February 15, 2013

It's like buttah...

I have heard for many years how bad margarine is for us, but I never did anything about it until I read a post on Facebook about how margarine is one molecule away from plastic! Yuck! I finally made the switch over to real butter. One thing that I loved about margarine was how spreadable it is compared to butter.
I realized that the answer to this is to have the butter out on the counter, so I decided that I wound find a cute butter dish to keep it in.
I was excited when I found this darling vintage Pyrex dish from the 1970s.
I love the cheerful green flowers on top!
Now our butter is soft every time! Although, I'm worried about leaving it on the counter and spoiling, so I put it in the fridge at night.
I also found this adorable butter container at Goodwill. The funny thing about this dish is that I ordered the exact same one from a catalog when I was a young woman before I got married! After I got married, it was sitting on the counter holding candy and somewhere along the line I got rid of it. When I saw it again at Goodwill, I just had to have it. Why did I ever get rid of it? It's so cute!
I was really excited thinking it would hold a tub of whipped butter perfectly, but sadly, it doesn't fit!
The butter container is too tall and the lid won't fit on it.
But, there's an easy fix, I simply scraped the butter into the dish.
Nice!
Now the lid fits perfectly! And it looks great on the counter...
...they both do!
Love my new butter dishes, they look just like buttah!

"Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil and choose the good." Isaiah 7:15

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your buttah dishes Sharon . I only leave enough butter out for what I need during the day because it does go rancid. I cant remember when I used margarine last , many years ago. Glad you made the change . Donna

A Romantic Porch said...

I haven't used margarine for years. And now I am researching "oils" and finding out how harmful corn, vegetable and canola oil is for you health and I'm switching those out too. I know everyone says the saturated fats clog your arteries...read the nitty gritty truth and transfats are killing us.
Wow! I'm getting dramatic here aren't I?
Anyway, that's my choice. Not for everyone I suppose.
Your butter dish is darling.
xo rachel

Judy said...

That is a cute butter dish, I remember my mom had one similar to yours.
I never buy margarine any more and haven't for years. Since moving here to Southwest Wisconsin which is the dairy state, I now buy butter that is hand rolled and the taste is out of this world. I bought a butter dish that fits a 1/2 cup of butter at a time and works super, and I can keep it on the table and it even stays great in hot weather. Here is a link for it if you're interested.

https://www.lehmans.com/p-1049-ancient-style-butter-crock.aspx

Mardell said...

Mmmm! I love butter & can't imagine using margarine on my toast. As an added perk, my son works at our local milk plant & gets products at employee rates. Oh sooooooo good! Yes, the downfall of not being spreadable when it's cold. I sometimes put a little on a small plate & nuke it on "defrost" & watch it closely. It melts quick.

LOVE your new dish. I really *heart* those 60's-70's colors & flowers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...