This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Good riddance January....

No offense January,
but I'm glad you're gone.
 I know you have a purpose; without you, we would have no Spring, Summer or Fall.
 And yes, you can be very beautiful,
but this year your dreariness just got to me.
I don't mean to be so cynical. I'm normally a very happy person and I enjoy all these beautiful seasons that God has given us here in Oregon. I even feel guilty for writing this post and feeling this way, it's just that I got the January blues and blahs bad this year.
I think it has a lot to do with my empty nest. I know I have talked about it so much and have been all over the board with my emotions about it. It seems like I have processed it so much and should be all done with it, but the empty nest blues come when I least expect them. Since Hayden has moved out, it's been busy, busy busy. With the quiet of January, I think that these feelings crept out again and I'm wondering who I am and what is my purpose here now that I've raised my kids. What fills me up. What gives me gratification and fulfillment. Also, I am dealing with severe neck/shoulder pain which I've been on strong medications for. Put that together with being sedentary and having weight gain along with miserable weather, well....this girl has just had it and I'm ready for some positive changes!
Bring on February, the month of LOVE! Bring on the hope of Spring! Bring on the beautiful sunny, albeit, cold days. So until next year January....good riddance!

"So do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day." II Corinthians 4:16

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Judy said...

I get that way sometimes too, especially if the kids can't come home for the holidays, especially our 3 youngest daughters who live in Texas, they're the only ones not married.
Talking about it helps, and for myself, tho I'm no longer taking care of children, I realize and understand that they have lives of their own. It took my husband and I a long time to come to that realization. They may still need their mom and dad sometimes but in a totally new way. I'm glad January is gone, tho I spent it down in Texas with our children who live there. I'm looking forward to spring as well.
Take Care!

Randi Jo :) said...

God has a purpose & plan for us in EVERY season and I know He will reveal it to you!! <3


Also a side note -- you will never be finished "raising your kids"!!! There were a few years there when my husband & I were forming our own traditions & trying to "break away" so we could cleave..... BUT that lasted for such a short time until we were even closer than ever to our parents!! We had our space to learn & grow & lay that foundation together & then when we became close again with our rents (when babies were born!) it was better than ever and yes it had different dynamics and looked different - but it really was better than ever!!

Keep perservering! <3 I know God will get you through this. I can't imagine how hard it must be.

I'm off of Facebook now - I miss checking up on you!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Yes, thankful Jan. is behind us now. It sure was cold here in NY, but then again, it's expected.

I'm sorry to hear about your neck/shoulder pain. What happened?! That must be awful. I'll be praying extra hard for you.

Gentle hugs your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...