This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Candle sweater....

Look what I made! Well...actually I didn't make it, but I put it together. I saw this idea in a magazine and thought it was so cute and wanted to make one!
I just had to wait until I had an old sweater to cut up and I finally did. The other day I pulled this green sweater out of my closet and realized how balled up and worn it was and decided to throw it away, but then I remember the candle sweater idea!  You simply take a pair of scissors and cut the cuff off about 6 inches up on the sleeve....
...roll up the cuff...
...slide it on your candle...
...and pull it up!
Some people probably stitch the bottom or glue it to stay put, but I just tucked it under and it stayed perfectly.
Isn't that so cute!
You could do these in any size or color. Wouldn't it be cute to have black and orange ones for Halloween or cute and cozy cream and oatmeal colored ones for a cold wintry night? The possibilities are endless. So, next time you have an old sweater you are throwing away, save that sleeve!!!!
Now.....what do I do with the rest of the sweater? Come back tomorrow to see how I up-cycled it!

"I have set the Lord always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." Psalm 16:8

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Judy said...

What a neat idea. I've seen so many cute sweaters in the thrift stores that are pretty cheap in price. I can't wait to see what you did with the rest of the sweater.

A Romantic Porch said...

That's cute! Who woulda thought?
xo rachel

Mardell said...

Adorable! The possibilities are endless on how you could "jazz" it up! Buttons, ribbon, bows etc.

Lovin it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...