This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Brittany's dessert!

Just about every Sunday night all of our kids come over for dinner. I love, love, love that we do this! We have so much fun catching up on our weeks and having a good meal together. Sometimes we have fancy meals and sometimes we have pizza, most of the time it's in between. Sometimes we have fancy desserts and sometimes we have candy and cookies that are stashed away in the cabinets. Our family is blessed with two good bakers in Brittany and Megan! A few weeks ago Brittany wanted to make something yummy, so she looked in my cabinets to see what we had on hand. She found a box of brownie mix and asked me if we had peanut butter and Oreo cookies. Luckily we did and she whipped up this delicious dessert for us!
She said she saw the idea on Pinterest. First you mix up the brownies per package directions and set it aside. then you take the Oreos and carefully twist them open and spread the peanut butter inside.
The you put the cookie back together and place it in a muffin tin.
Next you pour the brownie batter over the cookies. Fill the cups about 3/4 full so there's room for the brownies to grown.
Bake according to the brownie mix directions.
Mmmm...they are nice and gooey! Can't wait to try them!
They were absolutely delicious! Everyone loved them! I forgot to mention that we only baked a dozen muffins. With the remaining dough, we simply put the peanut butter covered Oreos on the bottom of a loaf pan and then poured the remaining batter on top.
They turned out fabulous too! Look at all that melted peanut butter!!!
I highly recommend this wonderful recipe!
Thank you Brittany for the great recipe!

Also, thank you for giving me a grandchild!!!

"Without faith, it is impossible to please God. For he who comes to God must believe He exists, and rewards those who diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Mardell said...

Yum! Chocolate & peanut butter is always good!! I'm surprised Keebler (?) hasn't come up w/a p.butter filling for their Oreos.
Good idea, right?

Brittany looks lovely as ever. Her hair always looks so nice.

Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!

Judy said...

Talk about easy and yummy! Thanks for sharing. I love Pinterest and have gotten so many ideas from it.

gin said...

Looks delicious! And congrats on the new little one!! It's going to be exciting for you!

as always starzie said...

These brownie muffins look so delicious! I know my daughter will want to try making them for sure! My grandchildren will love them!
Can I ask a favor Sharon? I'm facing some health issues and I'm wondering if you might say a prayer for me. I would appreciate it so very much! Thank you in advance!
Hugs,
Darlene

Rose of Sharon said...

Yes, Darlene, I will pray for you. I pray that the Lord will give you a peace and a joy as you are going through this. I hope that everything works out for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...