This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Beautiful silver cake caddy....

I'm sure you've seen these before. It's a silver caddy for a 13x9 casserole dish.
I see them all the time at the thrift stores and usually walk on past them. I have purchased them before, but they are a weird size and my dishes never fit in them. My 13x9 dishes are either too big and won't fit down inside or...
....they are too small and fall through. I think they are actually 14x9 instead of the standard 13x9.
I bought this one determined I would find a dish that fit inside. It's so pretty with very intricate designs.
I love all of the details.
I want to tell you more about the silver caddy, but let me back track a bit first.

I bought this new Pyrex 13x9 casserole dish for my son's girlfriend's birthday (my son, Cameron and his girlfriend, Megan). Cameron was having the whole family over for dinner for her birthday and he asked me to bake Megan's birthday cake. I asked Megan what she would like for her birthday and she listed off several things and a 13x9 casserole dish was one of the items. I thought, what a good idea...I'll bake the cake in the 13x9 and let her take it home withe the leftover cake inside!
They make them now with this neat handle on the end. Hey...maybe with this bigger end piece it will be longer and fit in my silver caddy. Let's give it a try.
Look!!! It fits perfectly! Awesome!
It looks great doesn't it!!!
Here's the cake I made. It turned out so pretty! It's called a banana split cake and it turned out delicious. I will give the recipe tomorrow. Anyway, my point is...this cake is pretty in the plain dish, but look what happens when I put it in the silver caddy......
....it becomes spectacular!
I think it makes the cake look like it's going to taste so much better! I took the cake to Megan's party in this pretty silver caddy and I did give her the Pyrex dish to keep, but I told her I wanted to keep the silver tray. She was totally fine with that and excited to get the cake and the dish!
So if you see one of these caddie's in the future, pick it up, they now make dishes that fit them and they are beautiful!

"The Lord's promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over." Psalms 12:6

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does make it look great. Now I think you should be on the look out for a caddy for Megan too and maybe she will bake you a birthday cake too. Donna

Judy said...

Your dessert looks so pretty in the caddy. I had no idea they made the Pyrex dishes with handles now. I guess it's been awhile since I've bought one :)
I'm looking forward to the recipe it looks and sounds delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...