This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Beautiful cake for a beautiful girl!

Look at this amazing cake I made (even if I do say so myself! haha!)!!! It's called Banana Split Cake and it turned out wonderful!
I found the recipe on the internet and it's actually really easy and really fun to make.
You need two cake mixes. The recipe calls for chocolate and banana, but I could not find banana, so I used strawberry.
I changed the recipe a bit to fit my needs. The original recipe called to make two full cakes and slice them in half horizontally. I wanted to use the 13x9 casserole dish with silver caddy, so that was not going to work. I decided to just make half of a chocolate cake and half a strawberry cake. First I baked both cakes in separate dishes using only half of the batter (I just dumped out the rest, but I could have made cupcakes, but I didn't think about that!) Then when they were done I transferred the chocolate one it into a 13x9 dish. I could have just kept the pan I baked it in, but I transferred it to dish that I was giving Megan for her birthday.
I used a sharp knife to even it out.
Next I spread cool whip over the cake.
Then added sliced bananas....
chopped strawberries and chopped pineapple......
...and then topped it with chocolate syrup.
Then I dropped the half strawberry cake on top of all of the gooey-goodness!
I sliced the cake until it was nice and level.
Next I added another layer of cool-whip, sliced bananas and diced strawberries.
Then I topped it with spray whipped topping....
....chocolate syrup...
....chopped nuts and of course, the piece de resistance.....
...cherries on top!
Oh my goodness!
It turned out soooo pretty!
Now that's a birthday cake!!!
We drove over to Cameron's house where he prepared a very special birthday dinner for Megan.
Mmmm! Chipped ham on toast with a vegetable medley.
He made a very special night for her!
Happy 25th birthday Megan!
Make a wish!
She got some nice gifts from all of us. Nice things for a nice girl!
It was a pleasure making this cake for her. I highly recommend this recipe!

"God bless you and keep you, God smile on you and gift you, God look you full in the face and make you prosper." Numbers 6:24-26

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe, that looks so easy to make. What a swee son you raised, Megan is so lucky to have you all. Look at all the wonderful gifts she got.

Mardell said...

Oh that is so sweet! Love the silver tray and the cake looks amazing! WOW! Happy Birthday Megan. :o)

Adrienne said...

The food looks nice. Hello Sharon I sent you two emails the second one was today asking for invitation as reader on your first blog. If you check the emails the explanation is all there. Anyway I still love your blogs.


Adrienne

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon!
This Banana Split cake looks so yummy! I wanted to tell you my daughters little secrete on how she makes a banana cake when she can't find a banana cake mix. She buys a yellow cake mix and makes it according to the directions but adds 2-3 very ripe smashed bananas! We think it's better than the banana cake mixes! Give it a try sometime! I really want to try making your Banana Split cake. It looks soooo good!
Take care,
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon ,
When I read this post it reminded me of the saying," Pretty please with a cherry on top" oh yum!
Erica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...