This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, February 8, 2013

A great find!

I found such a great thing at the thrift store!
I saw it there on the shelf and thought it was so pretty.
I was attracted to the fruit motif wrapped all around it.
I love that it's a raised pattern and all cream colored.
I turned it upside down to see the maker and was so excited when I saw that it was made by Majolica!
And the kicker.....it was only $3.99! Sweet deal!!! I immediately put it in my cart and purchased it! This is my first piece of Majolica! I found similar ones on Ebay going for $75.00 to $100.00!
Look at this amazing crazing it has going on! Oh how I love the old cracks in pottery!
I found a great new home for it in the dinning room on top of the bookshelf.
It's sitting amongst the band of pooches!
This is a beautiful piece and I am so thrilled that I found it!

"Give thanks to the God of heaven, for His steadfast love endures forever." Psalm 136:26

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow lucky find- love it- that type of pottery is very expensive. you must have great thrift stores there. the other day at GW I found 6 salad plates to my 1930 amber depression dishes for 1.00 each!!! love the dogs.

Judy said...

That is a great find! I love finding things that are made in Japan, I learned that from my parents who used to buy and sell antiques. It looks nice amongst your band of pooches.

Simply Shelley said...

A great find indeed. I like your cute little pooches too :) Blessings

Anonymous said...

Lucky you , it is beautiful , I love the little dogs too. My daughter has a champagne coloured boston terrier so I have been looking for those. I found a platter yesterday for $3.50 just like my grandmothers set of dishes . I have seen them in china shops and collectible stores for nearly $100 I was thrilled , same as the large transferware one in pink awhile back . Check out Belle Fiore by Simpsons . I can remember having dinner at my Grandmas on these dishes. Donna

Mardell said...

So pretty!! I love the crazing, too. It gives the pc. personality.

Hope you're having a good weekend. It's only 3 degrees here. Brrr!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...