This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, January 17, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things....

Here are some of my favorite moments and traditions of Christmas. One of my favorite things to do is to write out our Christmas cards and watch a traditional Christmas movie like Rudolph or Miracle on 34th Street.
Speaking of Christmas cards....this was ours this year. I did another photo collage of the whole family.
On the back of the card I wrote some of our highlights from the past year along with one more photo of the boys.
Christmas is such a wonderful season of love and thoughtfulness. I was so touched when I got this wonderful unexpected package in the mail. My childhood friend, Michelle, sent me these three beautiful handmade crocheted scarves, which she made herself! She made one for me and one for each of my sisters. She also made each of us a lovely bookmark with her favorite scriptures on them. I could not believe how thoughtful and sweet this was!
I love all the hustle and bustle of Christmas. Eric and I planned a full fun day of shopping and errands. First we stopped by the company that he works for because he had to sign some contracts.
We took this opportunity to hand deliver some goodies and a card.
Then we went to town and did  a lot of Christmas shopping for our kids!
We usually plan a fun lunch date or dinner date when we do our Christmas shopping, but this year we could not squeeze it in, so we had Mickey-Dee's on the go! haha!
We had such a fun and productive day, but we were exhausted! We bought all of these Christmas gifts and also....
....we went grocery shopping too and bought all the food we needed for all the Christmas gatherings we were planning. We were pooped when we got home!
Another favorite tradition of Christmas is the wrapping! Again, I put on a favorite old Christmas movie, have some coffee with special creamer and wrap all the gifts!
While I was wrapping mine in the family room, Hayden wrapped his in the living room.
He had a couple of elves helping him! hee hee!
Our tree was so beautiful this year! Look at all of those lovely gifts!
We had a beautiful snow day!
It's so much fun watching Christmas movies!!!
My silly husband wrestling with the kitty and dog. This man seriously needs a grandchild!!! haha!
I gave everyone at the office a little crystal bowl filled with homemade goodies and I received some nice gifts as well. :0)
Speaking of work, I brought a different cheerful Christmas coffee mug every day just for fun! And speaking of cheerful, look at my new thermos! Isn't it cute! I found it at Goodwill for $2.99! I love being able to pour a hot cup of coffee when I'm at my desk.
I love going to church all the time, but there's something so special about going to church during the Christmas season. This is our first Christmas at the Christian Center and it was so sweet and spiritual. They had several different Christmas performances. Here's the pastor's wife and their two daughters playing the flute.
This sweet little boy sang a song about Baby Jesus while his grandma played the piano.
These small children read a darling poem.
Then the children did the cutest Christmas performance.
It was awesome. Little kids are so cute!
And our pastor gave a very poignant message.
They made an announcement that they had mailboxes in foyer for people to give their Christmas cards to the rest of the congregation. We don't know a lot of people yet because we are new to this church, I didn't think there would be any for us, but I looked anyway....
...and I was so very touched to find about twenty cards there waiting for us. I love this little church! I felt bad that I did not give any away, but I will next year!
God gave us the extra blessing of the beautiful snow in the middle of the season.
These are just a few of my favorite things!

"When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy." Matthew 2:10


Hugs, Sharon

8 comments:

Mardell said...

What a beautiful post, Sharon. I really miss being able to enjoy the season. Seems way too rushed for me. Ea. yr. I tell myself I'm going to do things differently. I hope I can stick to my plan.

Your tree is really beautiful. I can't believe I forgot to take a pic of our tree this yr. (See what I mean about being "rushed?")

Love your new thermos and your cute coffee mug. I always think of you when I see a pretty mug when I'm out and about. Saw some really neat "groovy" 60's-70's ones at GW last week. Almost bought them. Now I wish I had!

Have a great day. It's cold here; in the 20's. Brrr!

Sue said...

I was looking forward to your Christmas post, enjoyed this so much. Everything brought back memories, we too attend a small church and have those little mailboxes, and what a joy it was to get mail.
Hope Hayden is adjusted to college, the first year is really tough, we had two sons that went away, one adjusted right away,they other it took a while!
Blessings,
Sue

Erin said...

What a beautiful Christmas! The three scarves are such a lovely, thoughtful gift.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I love how you do your Christmas card- such a treasure to save year to year. Loved the picture with Hayden and blondie asleep on the sofa.

Pamela said...

I enjoyed very much reading your postand I love you Christmas decorations. Greetings from Peru .

jen said...

Beautiful post- enjoyed it - thanks! :)

Judy said...

I always enjoy your posts! I hope Hayden is having a good time at school, I know you posted about him wanting to quit. Our son did that his first year when he came home for Christmas, but he did end up sticking it out. We figured he was so lonesome, he just wanted to be home :)

as always starzie said...

Beautiful traditions Sharon! I love traditions too! I hope my grandchildren follow in my footsteps someday! I've said this before and I'm saying it again! I'm moving to Oregon! I can't believe what you find at Goodwill! At such amazing prices! I love you're Santa with the wagon! You nailed it for sure! And keep posting as many Christmas post as you want to. I love them!
Hugs,
Darlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...