This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Take out...

It's a cold Friday night and I just got off work. We don't have any plans tonight and I don't feel like cooking.
I went home and checked with hubby and we decided that Chinese take out sounds wonderful tonight.
I ordered our favorites and went down to The Wok to pick up or $10.00 dinner!
For many years Friday nights were game nights down at the high school (or at some gym out of town), but tonight it was just Eric and I having a quiet evening at home, and we got take out, ate dinner together while watching Pawn Stars and talking about our days. He went to bed early and I stayed up surfing the net. The house was clean and all was well in the world. Just another nice perk of being empty nesters!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephania 3:17

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Judy said...

This sounds so much like us right now. Tho, I don't work outside the home anymore and we live too far to run for take-out cause by the time we got back it would be ice cold :) So, we'll just go out to the nearest small town restaurant.
My husband gets up so early to work that he'll go to bed early and I end staying up usually blogging or watching tv. We enjoy being empty nesters and tho I miss our children being small, I LOVE the next stage in our life. I'm glad you are adjusting to it. We spend the month of January down in Texas by 4 of our children, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren, but when we get back home I'm going to take your idea and take one night of the week and set up a romantic dinner for my husband. I haven't told him yet that I'm going to do it, it's a surprise and I think he'll really enjoy it.

Mardell said...

Sounds really nice! I'm in a cooking funk lately. After the holidays I just don't feel like making anything. Take out sounds very appealing!

Sue said...

There are truly a lot of perks at being empty nesters. Sounds like a perfect evening.
Sue

Anonymous said...

it is in the 70s here- not ready for the winter to leave us yet and not ready for the summer heat here in Texas!! Hope it gets colder in Feb so we have some length to winter. Live in a very small town with 4 places to get food and about 2 of them are ok. so go to the next town over.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...