This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sweet dreams!!!

At Christmastime when my husband and I were supposed to be shopping for our family, we walked by the Sleep Number Bed store and my husband said, "Do you want to go in? We've been wanting a new bed for a long time." 
I said, "Well, we're supposed to be shopping for our kids, not ourselves, but hey, what the heck?" 
So we went in. Within two minutes we were laying on the beds trying them out. 
This feels good. 
Eric, you go talk to the salesman.....
...I'll stay here. haha
We tried out all of their models and found one we liked. 

It sure feels good. Wake me up when you're done honey.
We actually have been wanting to get a new bed for at least a year now because we both wake up with terrible back pain.  The mattress that we currently have was a very good one and we paid a lot of money for it, but it started hurting our backs after just a year and you can see divots in the bed where we lay. It has a pillow top on it, so we cannot flip it. We did, however, spin it, but it didn't help much and we really needed a new bed. We had done some research on these Sleep Number beds and it was fate that we walked by the store. haha
So, within 15 minutes we made our decision, signed the paperwork and set a delivery date. It all happened so fast! Merry Christmas to us!!!
So a few weeks ago on my lunch break I came home just in time to see the guys delivering it.
It's basically a bunch of foam with a high tech air matress.
It looks very nice and sturdy.
Now we just need to find our magic numbers!
We've been sleeping on it for about three weeks now and we have decided that we like it. The first week was rough trying to figure out our numbers, but through trial and error we figured it out. I like it a little more firm at 65 and Eric prefers it a little bit softer at 45.

In the beginning I was really cold when I slept. I'm guessing this is from the air in the mattress, but I'm not sure. I finally bought a heated mattress pad and I've been sleeping like a baby! I should have had a heated mattress pad years ago. I turn it on full blast about an hour before I go to bed and I get to crawl into a wonderfully cozy warm bed. I then turn it down to about midway so that I don't get hot in the middle of the night. It's a dual control, so Eric's happy and I'm happy!

Sweet Dreams!!!

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Judy said...

I've wondered about these mattresses and how they are, but didn't know anyone who had one to find out how they were. Thanks for the review on it. Our mattress is like your old one we can't flip it we have to spin it, and we've had it for awhile now, that we should start thinking about getting a new one. Love the photos!

Mardell said...

Love the photos too!! (As always!)
Glad you like your new bed. Nothing wrong with buying yourselves a Christmas pressie! You both deserve it.
Would love a new matt...I'm ashamed to say how old mine is.
I imagine it would help me sleep alot better than what I normally do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...