This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Spaghetti squash...

I made a new, fun and interesting new recipe. It's called spaghetti squash.
Our neighbor brought over this beautiful winter squash called Spaghetti Squash. Sorry, this is the only picture that I had of it before I cooked it.
It's actually very easy. Just pierce it with a sharp/strong paring knife or skewer and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375F for an hour. Test it first to see if you can pierce it easily without resistance. Mine wasn't quite ready, so I put it in for another ten minutes.
Let it cool and slice in half.
Remove the seeds...
...until it looks like this.
This part is so cool. You just take a fork and rake the squash and it comes out in nice spaghetti looking strands!
Isn't that amazing! It's so pretty!
Then melt about a fourth of a cup of butter with garlic, salt and pepper over medium-low heat.
Add the squash and some grated Parmesan cheese and saute until it's soft, but not mushy, it should have a slit crunch.
Mmmm! It smells so good and looks wonderful!
It really tastes a lot like pasta and it's so good for you! We will definitely have this again!

"And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food." Genesis 1:29

Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! The oval burgundy plate on your wall should have a date on the back. Homer Laughlin made it and I think it was in the 40s. they usually date all their dinnerware.

Molly's Art Designs said...

Thanks for sharing--I always wondered how to prepare spaghetti squash!
Molly

Judy said...

I've been wanting to plant spaghetti squash in our garden, now I'm definitely going to. It looks so yummy and you make it look so easy to make.

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon, my daughter and I just recently used spaghetti squash as a pasta for speghetti sauce, it was delicious! Give it a try, I bet you'll like it!
Hugs,
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Sharon thanks for that recipe I have always wanted to try that squash!

I read all your posts and have since day one.

Thanks for the blessing of your blog to me!

Pamela
Ohio

Mardell said...

Oh my, that looks so good! I adore squash and am surprised I've never had this kind. You sold me!

Thank you. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...