This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Nailed it!

Before I go into this post, I wanted to explain that I am going to be blogging about Christmas for the next five or more posts. I wanted to blog about a few good Christmas buys that I found, projects, a new recipe and our family Christmas gatherings. I decided to just go ahead and post these stories even though the season is over. So, if you are wiped out after the busy Christmas season, I apologize, but here we go! 

So, I entitled this post "Nailed it" because I saw a really cute idea on the internet and I copied it and if I do say so myself, I nailed it! haha! 


Photo Removed

Here's the inspiration photo. I fell in love with this idea when I saw it and I knew I wanted to copy it. It's just so cheerful and cute!
I feel like I nailed it pretty good. Do you?
I already had the wagon, but mine is a bit small.  This works for now, but of course I will be on the hunt for a wooden one that's a bit bigger like in the picture! lol. I went to town looking for a cute santa, crock, mini tree and lights. I was so excited that I got so many good deals! First of all, when I went to Goodwill, they had all of the Christmas decorations on sale for 50% off!
The Santa was really cheap to begin with at $2.99, so finally price was $1.50.
 The tree was .99 cents, so I paid just .49 cents.
 The crock was only 2.99, so the final price was just $1.50.
And the lights were marked $2.00, so I just paid $1.00. Altogether I only paid $4.49 for all these things! Isn't that crazy! What a blessing!
 My little wagon is a bit too small and the Santa on his stand did not fit.
I simply unscrewed the bottom.
 I took him off the stand and he fit perfectly into the wagon!
I copied the picture and slipped in some apples. I would have never thought to tuck apples in this display, but it looks so cute!
I think it turned out so cute!
 Mr. MacGyver isn't quite sure what to think! haha
I'm happy with my little project and if I do say so myself, I think I nailed it!!! 

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will exult over you with loud singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Hugs, Sharon

8 comments:

Erin said...

You did nail it! That's adorable! I'm so impressed by your Goodwill shopping. Makes me want to check out the Goodwill in my town!

Judy said...

You did good Sharon on not only your finds but how you put it together. It really is pretty, especially the last photo.

Sue said...

Hi Sharon, I never tire of Christmas, and you absolutely Nailed this one, looking forward to more.
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

I think you did great on that one Sharon. I have little vignettes in my house and this one is really cute. I need to find myself a little red wagon too. I look for Christmas ideas all year long and when I decorate I shop from my house and pull things together. I love your Christmas posts so will look forward to them . Donna

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea!! It was meant to be to find those things at GW. I was there yesterday and found a santa boot by Lefton China Japan for 2.35- it was not half off. 4 milk glass drinking glasses 1.00 each, marcrest creamer and sugar 2.35. Love Christmas and keep vintage out all yr long and have been making ornaments for next yr already - so let it roll. Look forward to each post and the recipe too.

adsgram said...

Great job, Sharon. I never tire of Christmas decorations, post away!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute project! I agree, you really did nail it!
Brenna

Mardell said...

I like yours better, Sharon! I'm enjoying your Christmas posts. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...