This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It pays to exercise!

Walking is good for you in more ways than one!!! haha
My friend, Shelley, and I walk three days a week and have for many years and over the years we have found lots of money.  We decided to start saving it for a Sharon/Shelley fun lunch date. 
Mostly we find dimes and quarters and sometimes a one dollar bill, but yesterday I found a $10.00 bill! I'm up to $16.00 and some change and Shelley has about $6.00. 
Our biggest find was a check for nearly seven grand! I spotted it laying there in the middle of the street on a dark and rainy morning. When I saw it I thought it looked kind of important, but I couldn't tell what it was, so I picked it up, but we couldn't make it out. We moved into the light from the street lamp and realized that it was a check written for over $6,750.00!  It was obviously stolen from someone's mail box.  Of course  that didn't go into our fund though, we did the right thing and called the owner and gave it back! We found out that the people lived about  5 miles away and they had just put it in their mail box that morning at about 3:00 am on their way to the airport. We found it about 7:00. It was a God thing that we found it and Shelley even ended up knowing who the rightful owners were! So, when you are out there walking, keep your eyes open!!!

Lesson learned.....it pays to exercise!

"And now the prize awaits me--the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing." II Timothy 4:8


Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

gin said...

Yes it does . I find money, too. My largest amount was a crisp $100 bill. And I looked extra hard for more on that walk.

Sue said...

Enjoyed this post so much, since i walk down our driveway and back usually what I find is a rusty nail, or nut bolt,that has fallen from dh's truck. lol Once in a while i might find a penny or a dime. I am curious has to how much you ladies find in a year. Good luck and enjoy!
Blessings,
Sue

jen said...

That is really cool :)

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I admire you for getting out during the cold dark winter mornings and walking! Walking with a friend probably helps, but it shows such commitment! Your blog is so inspiring!
Brenna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...