This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Egg in toast...

I was watching the movie, Moonstruck, and Cher's mother in the movie was making egg in toast and it looked so delicious, I thought I'd try it. I googled the recipe and it's actually very easy. 
First you take a piece of bread and place a drinking glass over it and smash down and turn it a few times. A biscuit cutter or large cookie cutter would work too. It would be fun to use a heart-shaped cookie cutter!
Pull the glass out and......
...you have a perfect circle for the egg to go in. Save that circle of bread though!
Next you lightly brown the toast on each side in butter or oil. The first time I made these I put the circle of bread back in the hole, but then realized that I need the hole to be empty in order to put the egg in there! When I flipped the bread, I took out the center.
Once the bread is lightly toasted, break an egg and place in the center of the bread.
Cook for a couple of minute until it starts to look a little done and then flip it to cook the other side.
Mmmm! It turned out delicious!
What a great new way to start our day!

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations." Deuteronomy 7:9

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Jan said...

When we were kids, my father made them for us and called them Bird in the window. When I married Mark, he made them and called them Bird's Nest.

In both cases, I called them delicious. I love how the toast tastes when you toast it like that.

Happy weekend and God bless you!
Jan

Judy said...

So that's where this recipe originated from :)
I make these all the time for my husband and he just loves them and when company comes it's always on the menu for breakfast. Since we make our own maple syrup my husband puts it on everything including this recipe :)

Mardell said...

Toads in The Hole! That's what we call them. :o) Yummy! The Pioneer Woman made these on her cooking show once. Everybody fights over the little toasted circle. LOL

Hope you're having a great day!

Anonymous said...

I love those kind of eggs , fond childhood memories. Mardell toads in the hole to us growing up is , precooked sausages baked in a yorkshire pudding blanket . Yummy whatever they are called . Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...