This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Christmas Eve...

 Oh how I love Christmas Eve! It is so magical and special? I think it must go back to my childhood with the anticipation of all of the gifts to be opened, but as I have matured, of course it's not about the gifts, although they are a very fun part of Christmas, but it's about being with family and remembering why we even have Christmas at all. This is the time of year that we stop and remember the most precious gift of all which is Jesus Christ our savior! I am so thankful that every one of our sons and their sweethearts have accepted this gift from above and have personal relationships with Christ.

This year for Christmas Eve, we had all of our kids home for the evening and they all spent the night with us! Well, our son Cameron and his sweetie,  Megan first spent the evening with her family for their traditional Christmas celebration and then joined us later that night. Here's my oldest son Mackenzie and his wife Brittany in front of the tree.
Me and my sweet daughter-in-love, Brittany.
 Eric and three of our sons hanging out in the garage while dinner's getting prepared. From left to right, Hayden, Eric, Grayson and Mackenzie.
 Grayson came with all of his gifts unwrapped and Brittany volunteered to wrap them all for him! Isn't that sweet! She said she loves to wrap gifts.
 Our kitty was being completely lazy! I love this funny position he's in!
 Mackenzie asking MacGyver if he's been naughty or nice this year.
 I set the table with pretty Christmas dishes.
We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of french dip sandwiches, french fries and coleslaw.
 We're ready to eat!
 I'm a happy woman with my family around me! Feeling so blessed!
 Blondie and Layla are so cute!
 It's time to have some special time in the living room together. This is one of my most special times of Christmas. I put this tray of goodies on the coffee table because they did this in the movie, A Christmas Story. The mother and father are sitting in front of the tree watching the snow fall and there's a tiered tray with candies on it on their coffee table with a bow on top. I thought it looked so cute, so I copied it. I get decorating inspiration from all kinds of things! :0)
 Our traditional Christmas eve dessert...lemon pudding cheesecake pie.
 Eric read to us from the Bible about Jesus's birth.
 Cameron and Megan are now here with us! After Eric read the Bible, we all opened two gifts, the boys got a book and jammies and the girls got a book and an apron.
What a blessed evening we had, but we must get to bed, Santa is coming tonight! haha!

"When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.”And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Baby lying in a manger." Luke 2:15-16


Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...