This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, January 28, 2013

A Happy New Year dinner for two!

Welcome to Sharion's Restaurant. We are a friendly, corner neighborhood place. We have an ever-changing menu and specialize in romantic dinners for two with seasonal place settings!  You will always get a table in front of the fireplace here! hee hee
I set a very romantic New Year's themed table for two for my husband and I. We went out to dinner with our family on New Year's eve, so we did this dinner a few weeks later.
The main theme of the table is "Special Starry Night in Paris" and the main colors are gold, silver and black.
I wanted it to feel jubilant and joyful for New Year's and stars seemed perfect. I found these cute star napkins and napkin rings at a thrift store.
I layered our plates starting with gold chargers, then a black plate and then these cute white plates with little gold stars all over them.
I just love thrift stores. I set the table in the morning and then went to town to run errands and grocery shop. I stopped in at a thrift store and could not believe it when I found a set of gold flatware! They actually only had a hodgepodge of pieces, but when I picked through them, I found a perfect set for two! I also got two serving pieces as well! The best part? They were only .25 cents each, so I only paid $4.00 for all of it.
It's not my favorite pattern, but it worked for this night and now I will just be on the look out for a another set that I like. :0) The gold flatware looks so great with this tablescape!
I also used these fun Eiffel Tower statues that I have. What could be more romantic that an intimate New Year's dinner for two in Paris?
Here's an enchanting Eiffel Tower votive lamp.
What's a new year's dinner without champagne?
These salt and pepper shakers are soooo cool! They remind me of tall Art Deco inspired sky-scrappers. You push the top, which is actually a button and the salt or pepper comes out the bottom. They are so cool. I found them at Goodwill for $1.99!
Time for dinner!
I made broiled pork-chops served on a pretty star platter with a beautiful gold serving fork!
Curried couscous.
Stir-fried veggies!
Garlic bread!
It all looks so appetizing!
The lighting is so romantic!
What a delicious meal!
Hubby loved it too!
I'm stuffed!
We both agree...Sharino's is a great place to eat!

"May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed." Psalm 20:4

Hugs, Sharon


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely Sharon , and I am sure you are already planning a nice Valentine's dinner for two. I have seen those salt and pepper shakers here at Butchart Gardens and they are $22 a set , good find. Love all the stars too. Donna

Jan said...

Sharinos, haha, Love it!

The table looks so appealing, I'm so happy you two have a chance to enjoy time together alone. I know you realize how valuable it is.

God bless you!
Jan

Judy said...

Sharon you always set such a beautiful table and have such neat ideas!

Anonymous said...

You are a woman of many talents! Love the setting and your tablescape. Sharinos has a nice ring to it and I am sure there is NO waiting ;) And your menu sounds delicious!
Brenna

Molly's Art Designs said...

What a beautiful table Sharon! You are giving me ideas!
Blessings-
Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...