This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, December 7, 2012

The tree's done!

 I got our tree all decorated! It turned out so pretty! Well, I should clarify....the tree's all done except for the star. Sadly, it wouldn't light up when I plugged it in. I tried to change the bulbs and the fuses, which was soooo frustrating and it still did not work! I finally gave up and bought a new star, but it was too modern looking and just looked out of place, so I took it back to the store. I will have to deal with that later!
 This is a big job because we have so many ornaments, but I am always so happy when it's done.
 I had Christmas music playing and had my coffee in a pretty Christmas mug with chocolate mint creamer and I got to work!
 It took me a couple of hours, but it was fun.
 Our tree is very old fashioned looking.
 We have many antique ornaments.
 They are so beautiful!
 It's amazing they've survived this long!
 We also have vintage glass beads.
This is REAL lead tinsel! I found several packages of it many years ago at a thrift store. I absolutely love it. It's kinda heavy and has such life to it compared to the stuff they sell now (which I know is safer, due to no lead). I don't want to run out, so I reuse it year after year.
 It's so fun to look at the tree at night...
 ...when the lights are really bright...
 ...and they set off all the sparkly glass ornaments and beads. It's so magical!
Well, you can't have a tree without a star, so I went to the thrift stores yesterday and I found another light up old fashioned-looking star. Perfect! Now the tree is really done!

"Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11



Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Your tree is stunning. I am ALL about the old ornaments (they just don't make them like they used to.) I'm so glad you found a star. We got the lights on yesterday, but will probably do ornaments tomorrow. Love your lead icicles! Colored lights are on our tree, too. Not a big fan of the LED's though. Too bright & not the right colors...they're just not the same.

Enjoy & have a wonderful party tomorrow night! :o)

as always starzie said...

Your tree is beautiful! I'm like you, I like ornaments that are old and collected through the years. I'm not a fan of Department Store looking trees. I even put ornaments on my tree that my kids made years ago in school! Have fun at your party! I know everyone will have a wonderful time. When a house is filled with "love", and knowing the reason for the season, that makes all the difference!
Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Darlene

Bobbie said...

Beautiful tree! Love seeing those old ornaments!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are ok dear Sharon
...missing your posts!
Praying for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...