This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, December 24, 2012

Dinner for my Santa Baby!

I set a romantic Christmas table for two for my Santa Baby and me. I set up the table right next to the tree.
It was so cozy and romantic!
The tartan plaid tablecloth is perfect!
I found these darling placemats at a garage sale for .10 cents each! Someone made them with such love and care. I love the rickrack around the edges and the sweet little green felt reindeer in the top left corner.
I used these fun holy dishes for salad plates and beneath them I have some wonderful tartan dishes.
Love these blown glass napkin holders; they look just like an ornament.
The centerpiece is appropriate for our romantic Christmas dinner because this sweet little snowman was the first Christmas decoration I bought for us for our new home together as newlyweds! I bought him at J.J. Newberry's. Do any of you remember that awesome old dime store?
These festive candy-striped candles were a new find this year; they were only $1.00 each at a thrift store.
We had bread...
....salad...
...and spaghetti with clam sauce with Italian sausage (yes, I served this meal again...it's one of our favorites!).
I had cabernet sauvignon with my meal.
Of course my hubby had milk with his dinner (he always has, always will).
What a delicious dinner we had.
I love how the table turned out. I set coffee cups and saucers out for an after dinner Kahlua and creme.
For dessert I laid out some homemade candies. 

What a lovely date night! We are both enjoying these little romantic dinners I've been planning lately since our nest has become empty. It really is like we are on a date at an intimate restaurant having dinner for two!

"And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus." Luke 1:30-31 

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Judy @ daily yarns said...

Hi Sharon, I'm so glad that you're enjoying life after kids :)
I need to take some tips from you, I'm going to try and start doing this for us, what a way to put romance back into a marriage :)
Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family.

Anonymous said...

Love the table and all the goodies on it including the food. Never heard of Newberry's but looked them up. what a treasure. I remember Wollworth, TG and Y ( I worked there in college and still have some ornaments from the 70s), Motts and ME Moses- the last one I went in to was around 1982. Miss them- they had everything and such finds.

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon!
Just want to wish you and your sweet family a very Merry Christmas! And may 2013 be the best year ever for you! Maybe even some surprises!
God Bless,
Darlene
PS I loved reading about your yummy Xmas dinner with hubby. I got hungry reading it! Thank you for sharing your Xmas joy with us!

Mardell said...

Sigh.... so sweet, so tasty, so FESTIVE! Your pics look right out of a magazine, Sharon! YES ~ I loooooved JJ Newberry & was so sad when they went out of business. They also had G.C. Murphy's which I also adored. Oh those creaky wooden floors that smelled like Murphy's (sp?) oil soap. What memories.

Anonymous said...

Sharon,where do i start.....ummm well first what a terrific idea this is!!Love it!! I'am to alittle worried what i am going to be after Matt's gone...I love being a wife,but motherhood has kept me so busy and happy,that i now need to change that back to before all them came.....just going to be Frank and I next year....wow....You have given me a chnce to see how exciting it can be,and how fun at the same time!! God Bless!! Helen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...