This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas in our home....

Here's a home tour of our Christmas decorations this year. First we'll start with the entry way. I wrapped berry garland up the stairs.
A little snowman on top of the curio on the stair landing.
My treasured Christmas stocking that my dear mother made me. That's my brother's next to it. Aren't they cute! They were made with love!
I have a metal wreath that hold our Christmas cards hanging on another curio.
Mistletoe!
The tree!
The living room.
The armoire in the living room.
Dining room centerpiece.
I got a lot of compliments on my red reindeer at our Christmas party. The truth is: I found them at a thrift store and they were stained dark brown wood with gold antlers. I didn't like them that way so I spray painted them red. They turned out really pretty!
Here's our buffet in the dining room window.
I love these carolers!
A new obsession of mine is cute little cottages. I love this one with all the windows! It looks so pretty with a candle inside lighting up all the little windows!
Here's the buffet all decked out for Christmas.
Sweet baby Jesus, the reason for the season!
I found this wonderful tartan plaid bowl at Goodwill last year and filled it with these wonderful homemade ornaments made from vintage Christmas cards from the 70s.
A cute scene on top of our bookcase in the dining room.
I leaned some Christmas cookbooks against the wall and put a reproduction Santa next to an awesome antique light up tree. I love the vintage reindeer coffee cup and it glows so beautifully with a little tea-light lit inside.
In the laundry room I put a couple of bright and cheery items.
Sometimes I really love my home.
It's pretty cute and cozy with lots of character.
Here's my cookbook shelf.
I pretty much made the same display that I had last year.
I liked pixie elves before they were cool! I have several vintage ones that I treasure!
Here's my whimsical Christmas wreath. I made this over ten years ago and I still love it!
It was so easy to make.
I simply bought a big fake fir wreath and hot glued tons of vintage ornaments all over it.
Its' so fun to look at.
It's kind of like "I spy" or "Where's Waldo" you can look forever and still find new things!
A skinny homemade pipe-cleaner Santa with Merry Christmas wishes!
A vintage Santa salt shaker.
A sweet homemade lamb.
There's another cute elf!
A little corner in the kitchen.
Candy is a great item to decorate with!
I love to put Christmas candy in vintage Christmas dishes.
It's so quick and easy and so effective!
Love these cute little Santa Helper Elves.
Another wonderful treasure....
...a vintage Christmas tea towel. I love it!
I decorated the windowsill the same as I did last year.
I love this baby Jesus figurine. He's so old. I think he's the oldest one in my collection.
Some Santa's watching over my coffee corner.
More decorating with candy!
I found this darling mini pooch with a santa hat on this year and he fits so nicely right here.
I love funky things like this. It's an old homemade candle from the early 1980s. I love it!
Here's the other side of the sink.
Love this little elf.
Another charming home!
I put a whole bunch of Santa's on this marble tray.
I love this vintage elf in the striped pajamas!
Here's a little display on our counter.
Love this new little gnome sitting next to a large mushroom. I glued the mini mushroom in his hand. I think I'm going to paint the base of the mushroom red or something, it's a little too stark for me.
Here are a couple of other new finds for this year, the gel candle and the little pauper boy. So charming and cute!
My rather ridiculously large Santa and snowmen collection!
I know this is overkill, but look at those faces!
I love all of them!
I found two of these homemade pillows at Goodwill for .49 cents each! They are so cute.
This is the display on our computer desk.
I stacked some vintage Christmas books and placed a cardinal candle on top.
So pretty!
The shelf above the couch.
I do this every year...I placed all my light up Santa's on top of this cabinet.
Here's my baby Jesus collection. I love every single one of them! He's the reason for the season!
In the powder room I have a cute snowman sitting on my jewelry armoire.
On the counter I have my vintage Christmas pin collection sits on the counter in a festive holly dish.
This vintage plastic church is just fabulous. It lights up and it's a wind up music box. I used to have it in the living room, but I enjoy it more in the powder room. These two sweet angels in green dresses are new finds this year.
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I'm participating in show and tell Friday at My Romantic Home Go over there and check it out!


"And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." Luke 2:12


Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Jan said...

Sharon, thank you for the tour of your home! I love the way you have it decorated for Christmas. I am in a new house this year and have been so excited about decorating.

Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family,

God bless,
Jan

Anonymous said...

I remember them all from last yr- hardly know where to begin- all so beautiful and so well displayed. your home is warm and inviting for sure. love all the vintage decorations. people are lucky to celebrate there with you.

adsgram said...

Another year of wonderful Christmas displays! They are all so much fun to look at. You could paint your big mushroom bottom, green, red and white stripes. It will match the gnome! All is Merry and Bright at your home!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Christmas home!.
Happy Christmas

Sarah.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...