This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, December 17, 2012

A fun day with our family!

 We had a great family day last Sunday. First, Brittany (my daughter-in-law) and Megan (my son, Cameron's girlfriend) came over after church to bake goodies with me.
 It was really fun! We turned on the Hallmark channel and watched Christmas movies all day. We planned on making three things.
 Brittany made peanut-butter balls.
 Megan and I worked together on cinnamon bark. Here's Megan smashing the cinnamon candies.
 I'm pouring the melted white chocolate on top.
We also made turtles with pretzels, Rolo candies and pecans.  Mmm! Everything turned out wonderfully!
We also celebrated my son, Grayson's 22nd birthday that night. The girls were so sweet and helped me make his birthday dinner.
 The whole family was there including our college boy, Hayden! I'm upset that we didn't get a picture of our oldest son Mackenzie, he was the photographer!
 Grayson requested chicken and rice, sautéed mushrooms and orange fluffy salad.
 He was a happy man!
 Haha! His dog, Layla, got new glasses! heee hee!
He requested a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting! Happy birthday Grayson!
 Make a wish!
 Time to open gifts!
I had such a lovely day with my family.
We are truly blessed!

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!" Psalm 127:3-4

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Oh yum!! The cookies look soooo good. I love the peanut butter balls. Addicting for sure. I'm not done shopping yet & still want to make cookies. My oldest (24) still looks forward to cut-out cookies.

Happy Birthday to Grayson! So neat that you carry on the traditional birthday plate. He has good taste in cake! Layla sure made me laugh w/her glasses!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...