This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, November 23, 2012

Starting the season off right!

 Forget Black Friday! This is the way I love to start the Christmas season! I love pumpkin pie for breakfast!
 I already boxed up all the Thanksgiving decorations.
 And I got into the attic and started taking the boxes of Christmas decorations downstairs.
 This is just the beginning. There are many more upstairs!
 One of my favorite parts of this is finding a box like this!!!
 These are all new items that I found over last year that will be joining us for Christmas this year!!!
 I love this cheerful red and white snowman. I think he will go in the kitchen or the powder room.
 A fun vintage Santa tooting a horn!
This little Santa is so cute, he has a slit in the back and can be used as Christmas card holder or a napkin holder.
 I totally forgot about this sweet little pauper boy.
 A great plastic reindeer!
 I love this elf! I know he's kinda creepy looking, but he's really collectible, he's made of vintage hard plastic from the 1950s. I also love him because I purchased him while shopping at a flea market with two very special girls in my life, Brittany and Megan!
 Here's another sweet Elf. He's from those Christmas Around the World parties that everyone was having in the early 1980s. Did you ever go to one of those parties? I did! That's where I got a lot of my first Christmas decorations!
 Here's a neat wood sign that I'm going to hang outside on the front porch.
 Last but not least, here's an awesome scrawny "Charlie Brown" tree! I'm not sure where I'll put it, but I know I'll find a great home for it. Well....I need to head upstairs and get the rest of the boxes and get busy!
 Once I get all the boxes down, I'm going to listen to my Christmas CDs and watch some Christmas movies too!
 Wow! It's already 9:30, I better scoot!
But first, I'm going to eat my breakfast!!!

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign : Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

blog owner said...

Can't wait to see your home all decked out for Christmas...enjoy your decorating....blessings

Mardell said...

Let the fun begin!! :o)

I loved those Christmas Around the World parties. My friends & I couldn't wait to get our hands on those catalogs. (Home Interiors, too.)

Burl Ives...mmmm, I adore that album! (All the old classics.)

Take care & stay warm & dry.

as always starzie said...

We think alike! That's what I eat for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving Day! I love your new great finds from thrift shops! Can!t wait to see your decorated house! Take care!
Hugs, Darlene

Molly's Art Designs said...

Sharon-
Hope you and your family had a Happy Thanksgiving! I can't wait to see your Christmas decorations!
Blessings-Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...