This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Our Thanksgiving table and decorations....

 The table is all set for the big day!
We had 16 coming, so I set up a table in the living room too.
At this table I mixed three different china patterns, J&G Meakin's Stratford Stage, Nasco's Countryside and Spring Valley.
At this table I used Myott's Bouquet. I was absolutely thrilled when my Aunt Helen sent me the platter that goes with these dishes!
 I found these wonderful turkey napkin holders at Goodwill. I found a bag of them for $2.99.
 Then, about a year later I found another bag of them for $1.99! I've been saving them for the next time I hosted the Thanksgiving feast, which happened to be this year!
 What's a Thanksgiving table-setting without pilgrims and a turkey?
 Everything looks so pretty! These are the Spring Valley dishes, they are perfect for Thanksgiving!
Here's the Stratford Stage pattern. I've shown these before and erroneously said they were Johnson Bros. They are manufactured by J&G Meakin.
I love how this table turned out!
This table also turned out really pretty.
I used gold chargers under each plate.
I love the amber glassware, it's so warm and fall-like.
 More turkey napkin holders!
 It was really fun for me to set these pretty tables for our family. I wanted them to feel special and I think they did!
 I'll show you some of my Thanksgiving decorations around the house. Here's the top of the computer desk.
 The shelf above the couch.
 I made this cute little display atop an amber-ware cake plate.
 I tucked pilgrims and turkeys in little nooks and crannies all throughout the house!
 Here are some by the sink.
 Here's my windowsill display.
 I grouped a bunch of cute things together here.
 I am crazy about vintage turkey salt and pepper shakers. This set is so beautiful with their green, yellow and red colors.
 This black and white set it gorgeous too!
 This reproduction vintage enlarged postcard is a gift from my daughter-in-law, Brittany! I love it!
 Aren't these guys cute! They are old Hallmark pieces from the late 1970s.
 More antique turkey salt & pepper shakers.
 I love this Avon turkey votive holder. The cute little colorful glass turkey bottle is actually a light bulb cover from a string of lights! Isn't he wonderful!
 These cute children pilgrims are homemade craft items, I'm guessing from the 1970s.
 This set of S&P are actually reproduction, they look pretty good don't they!
 I love how the top of my bookcase turned out.
 I grouped all of these vintage Gurley turkey candles on a tray. They are so pretty!
 Here's the dining room table centerpiece.
 My cool vintage cardboard cut out that used to hang in a child's classroom in the 1950s is now hanging  on the front of my china hutch!
 Here's a reproduction turkey cream and sugar set.
 More cute children pilgrims. These were found at the dollar store.
 More of the light bulb covers. I simply put lids on them so they look like salt shakers.
 I put this big ol' turkey on the entryway table with some pilgrims and an old tray that I made.
I love Thanksgiving. I love that we set aside a special day to be grateful to the Lord for our country and our many other blessings. I love it that families gather all across the country and share a meal together. It's such a warm and lovely holiday. We surely had a blessed one.

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples." I Chronicles 16:8


Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon,
It's just lovely! Yesterday's post & today. The tables & the settings are gorgeous. You have alot of S&P's (love!) I thought of you & your family on Thurs. I'm so thankful for our friendship and meeting you on your blog!

Hugs & thanks. :o)

Anonymous said...

Yes thanks for sharing, all so beautiful. You have put a lot of thought and love in to your home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...