This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

God's tablecloth...

Don't you just love this leaf tablecloth that is handmade by God?
I looked out my kitchen window onto our sun-drenched deck and saw all of these beautiful leaves sprinkled all over the place, including on top of our patio table. I thought, wow, what a beautiful tablecloth that would make for a gorgeous fall table-setting!
Then I noticed that these two chairs have their own natural leaf chair pads!
So, just for fun, I set the table with some pretty fall dishes.
Isn't it lovely!
My husband was out golfing and not going to be home until dark, so I knew that we would not eat out here, but I just couldn't resist setting this table with this beautiful leaf tablecloth!
I placed my brown Johnson Bros. transfer-ware china onto fall leaf patterned chargers.
And used cute fall colored bakelite flatware.
I used amber stemware and serving dishes, many of these pieces were gifts from my Aunt Helen!
It turned out beautiful!
It's too bad we didn't get to eat out here and I won't get another chance because the next day my hard working husband raked all the leaves in the yard and swept all the leaves off of the deck.
I definitely think I will remember to do this next year and plan a nice fall meal to eat out here.
I love it!
It's a really pretty table-setting, but....
...it couldn't have happened without God's tablecloth!

I've joined Wow us Wednesday Blog Party over at Savvy Southern Style Click on the link to see her beautiful blog!


"He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of waterWhich yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither ; And in whatever he doeshe prospers." Psalm 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mardell said...

Very beautiful, Sharon! :o) It looks like right out of the pages of a magazine. I always think of you when I see amber glass.

Erin said...

Beautiful! It looks like a page right out of a magazine. What a great idea!

Laura from Top This Top That said...

prettiest tablecloth I have ever seen! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...