This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A new place for my clothes...

A few weeks ago I told you about our new project. Eric adapted this entertainment center for me to put in our office to hold my work clothes.
We found it on Craig's List for a good price. I wanted a big cabinet that had shelves and drawers with a dark wood finish. I was excited to find this good quality piece of furniture. As Eric was tearing out the old swivle piece for the TV, the kitty got in the glass cabinet on the left side of the piece. Can you see him there?
Here's a close up. Isn't he funny! Haha! He loved being in there and looking out on the world. He was so cute!
Eric was adding shelves for me.
He's such a good man. I love him!
He knows what he's doing when it comes to carpentry.
The bad thing about this unit is that it is SOOOOO heavy! Thank goodness it has wheels on it!
The reason why we got this new piece of furniture is because my husband started a new hobby of making beer. The boys bought him a started kit on Father's Day and he's been making beer every since. We had beer bottles all over the office and dining room and I finally had this idea to put the beer in the closet and we would buy a new armoire for my work clothes.
Oh, I should mention that I have a very small closet in my bedroom and that's why I have my work clothes in the office closet. Well...now they are all laying on top of the desk, but soon they will be in their new home!
Yea! It fits!!!
Eric screwed these boards on the sides of the inside of the cabinet
Then he cut these nice laminated boards to fit inside.
It all came together wonderfully!
All my work clothes and shoes fit in the cabinet! I'm so happy! I actually think this is going to be easier to use than the closet. I like how I can see everything at a quick glance and that everything is at my height!
I used the top of the shelf to display a lot of my amber glass (many of these pieces were given to me by my Aunt Helen!).
I don't really like how the room is furniture-furniture-furniture, but each piece serves a purpose as storage.

I'm so thankful for my new armoire and I'm really thankful to have all that homemade beer hidden!

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." Matthew 6:6

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mardell said...

Beautiful (AND functional!) Very nice, Sharon. Love curious McGuyver (I can never remember how to spell his name!) Blondie looks like she doesn't like the sound of the saw!

Wow, look at all that beer. Will a fridge fit out in the man cave? :o)

adsgram said...

That works perfectly, Sharon. How fortunate you are that your hubby is so handy with woodworking! Lynne

Sue said...

WE girls have to have our storage space,don't we. Eric did a fantastic job, Sharon. Read some previous posts and enjoyed catching up, I so related to the empty nest, not a fun thing for us parents especially us mothers! The good news is after this lull that you and Eric are having, the grand babies will come and your home will be full again, and I promise you will have more fun than you have ever had!

Enjoy your weekend, Happy Thanksgiving.
Blessings,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...