This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, October 1, 2012

Feeling melancholy today...

Sometimes I just feel a little blue and this morning is one of those mornings. Lots of things to ponder today.  Feeling insignificant. Feeling shallow. Wondering if I have been a good wife and mother. Have I been a good Christian? Have I used this life the Lord has given me to the fullest? Have I lived up to the potential the Lord has set up for me. Did I lay the proper foundation for my kids in the Lord? Did I not only speak it, but did I live it? Do people see Jesus in me? Am I a fence walker? A lukewarm Christian that should be spit out? I'm having feelings of guilt about pride and judging others. I'm ashamed and embarrassed for my past attitudes.

Oh Lord, show me the way, give me the answers, forgive me, help me to do better. I pray that I have not done any damage to any of my family or friends by the stupid things I say. Help me to live a life that shines for You. Help me to be a servant. Help me to show compassion. Please surround my loved ones and protect them. I pray you will bless and keep my husband and kids today. Protect them. Help them to be lights for you in their worlds today. Please be with all of my extended family and friends today, bless and keep them. Use me today Jesus. Help me to be loving and compassionate to all people whom I encounter today. I want to live a life that is pleasing to You.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest,” Matthew 11:28

Sincerely, Sharon

4 comments:

Beth said...

I am sorry you had a blue day yesterday. I find myself having those same concerns at times. This time of transition is tough. Really tough.

I'm praying that you have a much better day today.

pam said...

Wow, that's a lot of thoughts. Been there, had them all and found great comfort in His love. He knows our hearts and I'm pretty sure we are harder on ourselves more times than not. Always good to be quickly challenged by such thoughts, then I have to remind myself that the past is the past and ask God what do I need to hear from Him as I have all those thoughts washing over me. Learning to give myself grace is so important. You are a jewel, He loves you so, He sees your heart, your humility, He is pleased.

Mardell said...

Dear Sharon,
I hope & pray you're feeling better. You are amazing in my eyes & everyone that knows & loves you. xoxo

You inspire me in MORE ways than you know. Thank you. (hearts!)
A true blessing since I've followed your blog.

HUGS to you. Today, tomorrow, and the next day & the next day....

Miss Suzy said...

I think we all feel like that sometimes. You're a wonderful wife and mother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...