This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Delicious stuffed zucchini...

 A few weeks ago I made the most delicious meal! It was stuffed zucchini!
 First you take a very large zucchini and cut it in half lengthwise.
Then you scoop out the pulp and set it aside.
 Once both halves are cleaned out.....
 You place the shells cut side down in a 13x9 baking dish filled about 1/4 full of water and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
 While the shells are baking, take the pulp and....
 ....saute it in a large frying pan with 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper.
 In the meantime, fry up 1 lb of hamburger.
Also add one can of chopped olives to the vegetable mix.
 When the burger is cook, drain off the grease and add it to the cooked vegetables and add 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
 Then add 1-1/2 cups of marinara sauce.
 Stir until heated through.
I sprinkled bread crumbs in it to thicken it up a bit.
 Then spoon the meat and vegetable mix into the prepared shells.
 Top it with left over marinara sauce...
 ...and then with cheese and bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
 I had a lot of leftover filling, so I put it in a small baking dish and topped with the marinara sauce and cheese, kind of like a meatloaf.
 Mmmm! They're all done and they look beautiful!
 They smell amazing!!!!
They tasted wonderful too! Eric and I both loved this dinner and we even had it the next night for leftovers! When we ate the meatloaf, we added Fritos to it and it was delicious!

"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Genesis 1:29

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Mmmm! We used to call them zuchinni (sp?) boats! (I can never remember how to spell that.) LOL I have a wicked spiced "Z" coffee cake recipe, it makes a 13x9 pan. It is so good. Great for get togethers or even as a b-day cake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...