This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A spooky dinner for two....

 Last week I prepared a fun and romantic table for two dinner for my husband and I.
It was very cozy and romantic!
 This is a new interest of mine and I'm having lots of fun with it. My husband enjoys it too!
 I've been picking up all kinds of dishes in pairs to set these romantic tablescapes for my hubby and I now that we are empty nesters.
 I placed a black and white checkered piece of fabric over our card-table for starts.
 For the centerpiece I used this wonderful spiderweb covered black candelabra.
 I actually did this last year for him and I but I did the traditional orange and black colors for Halloween, click here to see pictures.
 This year I decided to have a black and white theme.
 I used some pretty floral trimmed black and white plates for the salad we used simple black plates.
 I made a delicious spaghetti with clam sauce for dinner.
 I also served Italian sausage, green salad and garlic bread sticks. It was delicious and reminiscent of the meals we used to have at our favorite restaurant we used to go to when we were young newlyweds called The Spaghetti Warehouse.
 We had fun! Hubby's happy and that makes me happy!
Wishing all of you a very Happy Halloween today!

"For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer." I Timothy 4:5

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Farrah said...

You make being an empty nester look so fun! I only have 4 years until I'm in your same position. Thank you for your inspiration and for showing how to be a biblical wife to Eric. Hugs friend!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Thank you for your kind words re: Sandy. We fared pretty good, but those poor folks in NYC & NJ weren't so fortunate. We'll continue to pray for them.

Love your tablescape! So fun & festive. Your dinner looked yummy.

Happy Boo-day to you, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...