This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, September 24, 2012

Utah: Olympic Park

Wow, now this is a way a girl likes to start her day while on vacation.....a cup of coffee, a hot tub and a view....perfection!!! The guys went golfing again in the morning, so Rhochelle and I had a lazy quiet morning at the house.
When they got back we all got in the car and drove to Olympic Park where the 2002 Winter Olympics where held. Straight ahead there in the picture you can see the different tracks for the ski jump competitions.
We went to the museum and it was very informative.
We even got a chance to hold the torch!
I'm actually holding a torch for my husband! haha!
We saw a lot of the different Olympic uniforms.
Learned all kinds of interesting information about snow.
And saw actual gold, silver and bronze Olympic medals!
This was one of my favorite things, it's a giant costume that several ice-skaters held for the opening ceremonies. It was so beautiful.
This is a training center for ski jumpers.
It was amazing to watch them. They go down the slides on their skis and do cool jumps and complete 360 flips in the air before landing in the water. As they prepare to go in the water, they hit a sensor which causes the water to bubble up and foam up so it gives them the depth perception they need to mimic snow.
This part was pretty cool, we saw people going down zip lines.
Oh my gosh, there is no way in the world that I could do this. I actually had nightmares about it that night.
The next area we went to was the bob sled run.
These are actual bob sleds from the Olympics.
They let people have rides in them now and it was so fun to watch them. Boy oh boy, do they go fast! After this we went to town and had dinner and did a little more shopping. We had a great day we had.
When we got home we all got in the hot tub to unwind and relax.

So, I started my day in the hot tub and I ended my day in the hot tub! Wow, this is the life!!!

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life." John 6:47

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...