This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Meet Mr. Bunny Butler...

For several years I have wanted one of those cute little butler/chef guys that sits on your kitchen counter holding either a little tray or a chalkboard and I finally found one a weeks ago! I was very pleased that he was a bunny butler instead of a man! I never dreamed that they even made them as rabbits and I was excited because I have rabbits all throughout my home and I thought he was so cute!
I found him at Goodwill and he was $9.99, but he was the right color tag and 50% off!!! He is supposed to be white, but he's a little dirty, so I'm thinking about painting him, but I am going to wait a bit to decide what color, I will probably end up painting him a warm cream color, but I also might do something fun like red, black or green or paint him cream and do the antique treatment to him with adding stain to the paint. I'm not sure yet, so for now he will remain a dirty white!
He had this little slit in the front of him, so I knew that he must have held something at one time, then I realized that it fits recipe cards perfectly. That's a great idea, but what I really wanted was for him to hold a mini chalkboard. Then I realized that the slot is too small for the mini chalkboards you can buy, so I decided to find something small to put in there and simply paint it with the chalkboard paint!
I found this old frame in my attic. They fit in the slot perfectly. I actually have two of them that are different sizes and decided to paint them both.
So I went out side and used this wonderful chalkboard paint that I showed you a few weeks ago.
It goes on so easy and dries very quickly!
It fits perfectly! I actually prefer the 3x5 size, so I will use the other frame to put on the fridge for extra little messages or for a grocery list.
He fits perfectly in our kitchen and he's a great place to put menus, messages, news flashes, etc. I love him!!!

"Happy are the people whose God is the Lord!" Psalm 144:15b

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Crows, Suds and Cinnamon said...

I love this! How clever to paint the frame for the menu. I would like to find a pig one someday. Can't wait to see what you are doing to the spare room! Hurry up, lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...