This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hayden's home for a visit!!!!

A couple of weeks ago our son, Hayden, was able to come home from college for the weekend! We were so excited to see him! Look at how our dog, Blondie, raced out there to see him when he first pulled up!
 This was his first time coming home since he left for college a month ago! We sure have missed him and he missed us too. He's our baby boy and the last one to leave the nest, so Eric and I have had a very quiet house without him and we were both thrilled to see him! It was going to be a really short visit  as he got there Friday night at about 6:00 and he had to leave by 10:00 on Sunday morning, but we were so glad he came home!
 Of course, what college student doesn't come home with all their dirty laundry? haha!
I was soooo happy to see him, I was stalking him and taking tons of pictures, but as soon as he got to the house, we had to leave because we all went to his old alma mater's football game!
It was really fun for him to see his old teammates out on the field, as well as guys who graduated who were also there watching the game. The guy second from the last on the field is wearing his old jersey, #14, and it was a little sad to see another kid wear it, but he did a great job. I thought I might get emotional going to the Bulldog game because we watched the games for so many years while our kids played on the team, but it was actually really fun and I didn't get sad. Unfortunately though, the Bulldog's lost. Hayden hung out with all his friends after the game and I'm so glad he was able to do that.
The next morning I went up stairs to Hayden's room and let the pets out. They were so happy that Hayden was home and they got to spend the night in his room with him again. When I opened his bedroom door, they were all sleeping so cozily, it was really sweet.
My goodness, it sure is good to see that little truck out front again.
We just hung out at the house and Eric and Hayden ran some errands, but that night we all jumped in the car and went out to dinner.
 He was having fun catching up with his old friends.
He also was calling his brother, Grayson, to make plans for later that night.
We had a great dinner together. It was so nice for us to catch up with him. After dinner he went over to   Grayson's house, and hung out with him and his cousin Harrison. They all went to the movies and had a great time.
 The next morning Eric helped Hayden work on his truck.
It was my birthday and I had plans to meet the other kids at church and go shopping with Brittany and Megan, so I said goodbye early. Even though it was a short visit, it was wonderful and I could not hug him enough. I'm so thankful that we get to see him every week at his football games and once football is over, he'll be able to visit us almost every weekend. Love that boy!

"Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul." Proverbs 29:17

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

So sweet! I'm glad you all had a great weekend, despite it not being long enough. Thanksgiving next, perhaps?

Happy belated b-day (Sept. 9th.) I can't believe I forgot. Hope it was great.
Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...