This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fun finds!

 Here are some recent great finds that I picked up at a garage sale. Everything at the sale was 50% off, so I got all these things for a total of $6.00! My favorite part is coming home and washing them, I don't know why, but there is something so relaxing and fun about putting them in the sink with warm sudsy water and seeing all the dirt and grime come off of my treasures!
 I found this beautiful Johnson Bros. brown transferware plate. It has a little chip on it, but it matches my set and I'm happy to have the extra dish. I will paint the little area with brown paint and cover it with clear nail polish, no one will ever notice!
 I found this wonderful laying hen dish. It was marked $3.00, so I only paid $1.50!
Notice the wonderful green platter at the back of the sink.  It is very detailed with an intricate design. I realized when I got home that it's actually a Christmas tree, but I'm going to use it all year round when use my green dishes. I thought it would work great for our St. Patrick's Day feast!  I also found two interesting silver bowls.
 I was very excited to learn that one was a WM. A. Rogers piece and....
 The other is a World Gift India piece! I only paid $2.00 for the two of them!
 I also found this darling "Toby" creamer. I'm not sure why they are called "Toby" but you see these quite often in the form of mugs, pitchers and creamers. I thought his face was really cute and I love the colors.
 Now they are all washed and cleaned.
 Next I dry them and admire them some more and will put them all away.
I got a lot for $6.00! Oh how I love garage sales!

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life." John 6:47

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Women pursuing God's glory said...

Goodmorning, I found your blog site yesterday. Really nice, and the music is so relaxing:) I'm also a woman of faith,(Jesus Christ), love to garage sale and love my family & homekeeping.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...