This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chalkboard project!

 Look what I made!!! It has been so much fun for me to have a little extra time to do a project! I used to do projects all the time and I have missed it a lot. This project was actually quite easy.
 It started when I went to a garage sale and saw a darling oval metal chalkboard hanging by the homeowners front door. I asked her if it was for sale, but sadly, she said no. I studied it and thought to myself, I bet I can make one very similar to it. It ended up being harder than I thought to find the perfect oval pewter looking tray. I looked for probably a year until I finally found one!
 I was thrilled when I found it for only $1.99!!! I bought it and put it away for a rainy day when I had time. Well....since my son moved out and went to college, I have had the time to start working on our bonus room and I found this tray again. I was suddenly inspired to complete this little project!
 The first thing I did was tape off the outside border. I wanted the pewter border to show.
 The next thing I did rip strips of newspaper to protect the edge of the tray.
 This is what it looked like when I was done.
 Then I took it outside and started to spray it with the best invention ever....Chalk Board spray paint! This stuff is soooo cool!
 I started spraying away. Wow, out here in the bright sun, I can really see the knife marks and scratches all over this tray, I hope the paint will cover it.
 I was very pleased when I realized that the paint was covering the scratches wonderfully!
 All done, now I just need to let it dry.
 It looks like it's all dry now!
 Now it's time to peel off the tape and newspaper.
 It looks great!
 The next step was to hot-glue on a black ribbon. Voila...I'm done!!!
 I am so happy with how it turned out!
 It's so cute!!!
 I hung it on an old window that we have hanging out on our front porch.
This will be a perfect way to greet our guests with friendly salutations!

"And thus shall ye say to him that liveth in prosperity, Peace be both to thee, and peace be to thine house, and peace be unto all that thou hast." I Samuel 25:6

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

jen said...

Awesome idea- I am going to try this :)
Jen in Canada

Randi Jo :) said...

My fave project you have done yet!! :) I'd love to connect with you via facebook if you're still around. Will you look me up!? :) <3

Beth said...

This is so cute! You are so clever in your projects. I may just imitate this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...