This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beautiful hydrangeas!

One of my friends from work (Kristy), brought me these gorgeous hydrangeas cut fresh from her yard!
Aren't they beautiful!
I'm amazed at all the different colors.
Purple, green, cream and pink.
I think hydrangeas are my favorite flower. I adore them!
I wish I had them growing in front of my house like this picture. We have three hydrangeas in our yard right now and they are a pitiful site. They just do not grow well in our soil, they are small and skinny and they dry out fast. We have clay like soil and I guess the hydrangeas just don't like it.
So....I'm very grateful to people like Kristy who will share theirs with me!
They make me happy every time I walk by them. I learned a neat trick about drying them too.
You just leave them in the vase with a small amount of water.
After about a week when they appear to be done drinking and are starting to get a bit dry, you dump out the remaining water and just let them sit there in the vase.
They slowly dry out perfectly with lots of color.
I think they turned out gorgeous!
So now I get to enjoy my dried hydrangeas for many months and I can wait until the day that we move and maybe I can have some gorgeous bushes of my own!

"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, but the word of our God shall stand forever!" Isaiah 40:8

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Wow, how pretty. We planted one this spring & it was starting to sprout when we got some damaging rain/hail. It hasn't sprouted any new growth since. We're hoping for the best next spring. :o) Yes, those colors are gorgeous. Do they have any smell?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...