This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back to school decorations!

 It's that time of year again....
 ...all the little kiddos are heading back to school. Boo~hoo...I have no little ones living here going back to school.
 I have made little BTS displays in our home for many, many years and last year I was thinking it was my last year of decorating, but you know what?
 I felt like decorating! This makes me happy!
In the windowsill I have two sets of children's paint sets. The black one that is laying down is identical to the set of paints I had when I was in first grade!
I put some fun smart owls and a teacher's bell on top of the paint box.
This little red school house is a new find. It's actually a salt shaker and I bought it at a Goodwill for .50 cents.
I love this wise old owl with diamond eyes! He's an antique that I found at a garage sale for .25 cents!
This is a cute reproduction postcard.
All I did was hot glue a ribbon on the back to create a hanger! Pretty easy!
Here's the front porch. Sadly...I have no child standing there with their backpack on heading off to the first day of school. It's okay though! I really am doing quite well with all of this!
I put up our pretty fall wreath. I love how it looks against the red door!
Here's my new fall mums!
I put them next to an old milk can and some fun back-to-school items. 
I have used these same items for many years, a vintage metal plaid lunch box, some yellow rubber boots and a stack of my father's old school books.
So...even though I don't have any youngsters here anymore, I still felt in the spirit to decorate for the occasion and I really love it!

“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your decorations-they ar terrific !
I am sending my son for his first day of kindergarten tomorrow and so I really enjoyed seeing them-thanks for decorating thos year. And don't forget yo8u will have grandchildren before you know it and they will LOVE this!
take care
Jen in Vancouver

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you decorated for back to school! Your decorations are so cute!
Brenna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...