This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, August 13, 2012

Umpqua River Trip: It's dark!

Woot whoo!!! We're taking off for a very fun camping trip on the Umpqua River!
This river is so beautiful!
Our whole family went, plus Cameron brought Megan. It was just us though, which was so nice. Eric, Hayden and I were in one boat...
...Mackenzie and Brittany were in one boat...
....and Grayson , Cameron and Megan were in the other, along with Grayson's puppy, Layla. Grayson actually bought this boat this year!
Wow, the river is so calm and gorgeous.
We got on the river later than usual, so we had to motor on down quickly before dark.  Eric tied all the boats together and then used his motor to pull everyone.
I love this!
Me and Hayden.
The sun is starting to set.
Isn't this a gorgeous a gorgeous photo that Brittany took!
I like this one too.
When we got to our first spot that we usually stay at, we could not believe it when we saw smoke from a campfire. Our spot was already taken! This has never, ever, ever happened before! The beach where we normally stay the first night is small too, so only one group can camp there.
We had no choice to float on down the river for another 45 minutes to the next spot. It was getting dark and I was getting concerned. I have to admit, I was getting scared, if you recall, two years ago on this very same float, we flipped a boat (click here to read about it) and every since then I have been fearful on this river. Now we were floating it at dusk and I was so concerned it would be pitch black before we got to the next spot. It would be very dangerous to float the river in the dark, we would not be able to see rocks or other obstacles and it would be scary to go through rapids in the dark! I was praying very hard.
When we reached the next spot, it also had campers on it! What are the odds? What were we to do? We all were praying and we did find a spot a little ways down on that same beach. I was so thankful to God when we found it! We learned a big lesson...we are not going to get on the river this late anymore!!! We pulled over and unloaded the boats and set up camp by flashlight! Here's Eric setting up our tent in the dark!
It was crazy, but it all worked out.
Everyone pitched in and helped each other set up the tents and gather firewood.
The boys made a big fire and it was so nice to finally relax!
Here's Cameron and Megan by the fire.
Mackenzie and Brittany.
Eric and I getting cozy by the fire. I am so happy and grateful to God that we are all settled in and the good news is that we will be staying here for two nights, not just one!
This was my view the next morning when I woke up! Simply gorgeous! The sun was shinning so brightly and the sky was so blue!!!
What's a blog post about camping without a bed-head shot? haha! Lovely huh!
When I peeked out my tent, this is what I saw. Everyone was already awake! I was the last one to get up!
Megan was reading her Bible in the morning sun in front of her tent.
Coffee time!
Look how much food we brought!
Hayden's lov'n on Layla!
Eric cooked us breakfast burritos for breakfast!
Grayson made us special drinks!
Mmmm! Delicious!
Good morning Mackenzie and Brittany!
For finding this spot in the dark, we picked a pretty nice place! I like it!
Cameron cracked us all up by coming out of his tent in these hilarious stone wash cut-offs! haha!
Cameron and Megan are ready to go swimming!
This is what it looks like from the tents looking towards the water. The boys took the awning down to the water and took our lawn chairs down there too. Now it's time to swim and soak in the sun!
I'm heading down to join everyone! Come back tomorrow to see everything we did!

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow, what fun! I just love tagging along your camping adventures. Everything is so beautiful. Layla is really getting big! Glad you made it to camp safely.

I commented on your last two threads but they must not have worked? The blueberries look so good. Are birds ever a problem? And how old are your bushes? I am really leaning towards planting some. :o)

Can't wait to see the rest of your trip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...