This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, August 17, 2012

Umpqua: God's handiwork...

The Umpqua River is such a beautiful river. Oregon has many beautiful rivers, but this river is my favorite.
First of all, I like it because it is so beautiful! God made this river and it's gorgeous!
And it gives you a feel that you are in another country.
The Umpqua has many different looks to it.
There are parts that look so serene and almost pond like.
And there are also roaring rapids.
They are truly breathtaking!
There's lots of wildlife here too. Here's a beautiful doe with her fawn.
Here's a big intimidating bull!
We saw lots of bald eagles! They are so majestic! I get so excited every time we see them!
We also found frogs!!! My favorite!!!
The banks of the river are so peaceful.
There are so many interesting rock formations.
There are many boulders along the banks.
These are perfect perches for jumping into the river!
We realized that these big huge boulders were once a part of the tops of the mountains and somehow through seismic events they broke off and came crashing down into the river! Wouldn't that be something to witness! I bet the splashes would be amazing and really loud!!!
There are also beautiful flowers along the banks as well.
Pretty fresh daisies.
And these pretty golden wild flowers.
Pretty!
These look like some kind of cotton plant.
Here's a pretty purple flower with a lady bug in the center!
I love these white flowers!
Isn't this spiky green pod gorgeous!
These are pretty purple towering flowers.
Berry blossoms!
Here's a pretty wild rose.
I love this river!
It really reflects God's creativity!
It's absolutely breathtaking!
It's my favorite!
Thank you God for making our world so beautiful!

"He cutteth out rivers among the rocks; and His eyes seeth every precious thing." Job 28:10

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow, breathtaking!! Those pics are magazine worthy. How blessed you are to live so nearby.

Have a wonderful weekend. Heard it's hot in your neck of the woods!
Stay cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...