This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, August 6, 2012

Saying good-bye.....

We dropped our baby off at college yesterday.......
....I'm going to miss that boy.....


I'm praying that the Lord will guide and protect him. Praying Hayden will LOVE it at college and be so successful there in all areas. 


Our house is empty. Memories are flooding my mind of the days when our house was full of four darling  blond little boys and I can't help but tear up. 


I'm praying that the Lord will help us all through this transition. 


"And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you." John 16:22


Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Beth said...

Praying for you Sharon. It is so tough to see our little ones grow up and move on. It is what we have wanted for them all their lives, what we have prepared them for. But it is so very hard to actually do! My only son was married this weekend. I also have 3 daughters, but this is the first of my kids to get married. And you know full well how special the mother/son relationship is. My heart is full of pride, love, contentment....but I am an emotional wreck today too.

Stay strong mama, you have done a great job with your boys. They will stand up and call you blessed. But allow yourself the time for the tears, they are well deserved.

Sue said...

I will be praying for you, Eric and Hayden through this transition period, Sharon. I found that once they were settled in and were happy, then I was happy, though it didn't stop me from missing them. ~smile~
I look forward to you sharing of this new adventure that you all are embarking on!! A very sweet photo, one for the memory bank.
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon, we left our daughter at college a couple of years ago. Hardest. Thing. Ever. Fortunately, she attends college about an hour from home so we would make it a point to go visit and she made it a point to come home when she could. And she is home for all breaks and vacations. But family dynamics definitely changed. Holding you up in prayer mama. Take care of yourself.
Brenna

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

I so agree with these ladies' words and I will be praying for you all, too. Yes, this transition will be hard - but you will come through it all.

Try the emptynestmoms website if you need encouragement - these women are going through the same struggles - some of the ladies love the Lord - but they all incredibly miss their children. It helped me and we have been emptynested for almost 9 years. I never stop missing my life before -but I am mostly through it all now and don't miss them as much as I fervently did then. But then, again, we now have 7 grandchildren to keep us busy and an elderly Mom who will turn 80 this year who we do more and more for. But we were emptynested for awhile before we became grandparents.

Through the emptynestmoms website, I became like sisters with two wonderful ladies - we email almost every day and have even met up.

Anyway, your blog helps you sort out your feelings as well.

It will be alright. Jesus will hold you tight.

Grandma Willa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...