This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, August 3, 2012

Pull up a chair and have a seat.....

 Do you like my new chair?
 I do!
 I couldn't believe it when I found it at a thrift store for just $4.99!
 Yes, it's old.
 Yes, it's beat up.
 Yes, it has damage from cat claws.
 And yes, it holds a secret...
 ....yes, more damage....
 ...I guess this is damage from more cat claws.
 But you know what? A doily and some pillows hide the damage.
And I think it's fabulous! Some day maybe I'll recover it, but for now, I really like how it looks!

"But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more." Psalm 71:14

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those old chairs , I have one very similar that is showing alot of wear and tear too . The stories it could tell . I like how you have the doily on it too. Donna

Erin said...

Super cute! I think the doily and pillows disguise the damage nicely, although the damage just tells the story of a life lived. ;)

as always starzie said...

This chair has that well worn cozy look! What a great find. It will be a wonderful addition to your living room! As I mentioned on an earlier post my husband was in the hospital with heart problems. It's a little more serious than we first thought. If you can pray for him I would appreciate it so very much. Thank you Sharon!
Hugs from,
Darlene

Sue said...

Indeed I do like your new chair Sharon, and if it could talk, what lovely memories it would share!
I have been away from my computer, and it is so nice to catch up. Wishing you a belated but "Happy Anniversary" to you and Eric.
Your son and his beautiful wife reminds me of yours and Eric's love story, I truly believe you and Eric are Godly examples to them of how to make a marriage work.
Blonde is adorable, and our Lucy reacts the same way when she has been in mischief.
It is always a joy to visit.
Blessings,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...