This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Our fun week...

I had the best ten days before Hayden left for college because I got to spend so much time with him! I took pictures of everything because I knew these were our last moments with him before he moved out.  We had lots of things to do, both business and pleasure! Here we are shopping for stuff for his dorm room.
Memories come to mind about all the years I took all four of the boys back to school shopping. I have so many good memories doing this with all of my boys.
After the mall we went to Goodwill to look for other cool things to decorate his dorm with and then we went out for lunch.
He put in for his two week notice and this was his last day of working at the gas station. He has been there for two years and he did a great job and he will be missed. His boss said he could work there at Christmas break, Spring break and next summer. I will miss seeing him out there pumping gas.
Eric and I wanted to have a fun get-away with Hayden, so we all took the quads up to the mountains and went riding.
It was a gorgeous day.
We had so much fun!
Here comes Eric!
There's Hayden!
What a great day!
Oh my boy...my heart...I'm going to miss him so much. I'm so thankful to have these memories with Hayden!
On the Tuesday before he left we met at the Snack Shack for lunch. I will miss doing this with him.
On Wednesday we had to run a bunch of errands and we had to take a bunch of junk from his old room to the dump.
This was a new experience for both of us.
It was a dirty job, but also kind of fun!
It was a first time experience that we will always share!
And a smell we will always remember! haha!
After that we went to the Dollar Store to buy supplies for his dorm and for school.
We bought a ton of stuff!
Then we went to the grocery store.
It really hit me that from now on when I go to the store, I will only be buying groceries for two. It will be nice to have a smaller food bill, but it makes me really sad thinking I will no longer be buying food for a teenage boy.
After that we went to our favorite fast food joint, Taco Time where we got bean burritos! This is a family tradition and I'm so happy we got to do it one more time!
Later that night Eric and I rode our bikes...
....down to the middle school...
....where Hayden and his buddies were playing touch football.
I thought this was so cute; he posted on Facebook for all his buddies to go to the middle school for one last football game before he left for college.
It was really neat to see his buddies playing ball one last time together.
The next morning I woke up and saw Hayden sleeping out in the backyard.
It was just so touching to me to see him out there sleeping under the summer stars with Blondie and MacGyver for old time sake.
All the boys did this throughout the years, it's a summer tradition.
I found him out on the front porch reading his book required by the college for all the freshmen to read before school starts.
Then Eric and Blondie came out and joined us. Eric was rinsing something out with the hose and then Hayden started playing fetch with Blondie. I love moments like these and will miss them dearly. 

I don't mean to be weird by taking all these pictures, but they represent the typical daily life around our house that will forever be changed. For the past 28 years Eric and I have had the sounds of life and laughter around our home with all four of our boys and it will just be so sad when it's all quiet after Hayden leaves. We have slowly been letting go of our boys and getting used to the house being more and more quiet, but it will be such a shocker to actually have an empty nest. Taking all these pictures has actually helped me process this major life transition. 

I'm going to miss our busy house. I'm going to miss Hayden. I'm thankful for our fun week. 

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

Sharon,

What a blessing to have had this time with Hayden!

Now you'll be in a different stage of life - time for you and Eric, as well as new possibilities!

It will be great to see what God has planned for you! He's not done using you for His glory!

Deanna

Sue said...

This is the reason I have always been a stickler for taking photos, These memories will not only last forever,for you and Eric, but will for Hayden as well. It looks like he was savoring his last moments with you all too before college! I love the picture of him on the porch!
Just wait until your home is filled with grandchildren, now that is when the fun really begins. ~smiling~
Blessings to you and your family,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...