This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, August 27, 2012

New faucet.....

We got a new faucet and I love it!
It started kind of bad though. It happened a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon; I was doing the dishes when I noticed that the rug in front of the sink was completely saturated. I opened the cabinets under the sink and there standing water under there! I thought "What in the world? Where did all of this water come from?" I looked up at the pipes and I saw a steady dripping of water. I knew this was beyond my scope of expertise, so I walked up to the garden where my hubby was working and informed him of what was going on.
He quickly came into the house to assess the situation and realized it was going to be a big project. He recruited our son, Hayden, to assist him with the project.
This became so involved because they realized the old faucet was completely broken underneath, but when then went to unscrew the bolts, they were rusted together. They started working on trying to get the darn thing out of there.
Meanwhile, I ran to the local hardware store and picked up a new faucet. We live in a small town and our hardware store does not have a whole lot of choices, but I was very happy that they had this pretty one!
Meanwhile, Eric and Hayden kept plugging away at it. They absolutely could not get the old faucet off.  They used all kinds of tools including a hammer and even a saw and finally got it off!
Then they installed the new one. I was so proud of Hayden for stepping up and helping his Dad so much. He really helped Eric and it was a great learning experience for Hayden!
I found this picture of the old faucet. It was just a standard, utilitarian run of the mill faucet.
I love this new one. It has a little bit of style and the chrome is so shiny and pretty!
Also, the sprayer works!!! Our other sprayer never did work right, it would only dribble and the main faucet kept running when we used the sprayer. This one works perfectly ad I'm thrilled!
I'm so thankful for my new faucet and I'm so thankful that my handy husband was home when the old one broke and that Hayden was home to assist Eric. I'm also thankful that my husband has the skill and knowledge needed to fix it because we saved a lot of money by not calling a plumber!

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I just hate water issues ! You are very lucky to have such a handy man in the house and a few spares. My last water issue was because someone had neglected to attach the hose to the dishwasher when the new floor was being done. Can you say water , couldnt figure out what was going on because it went under the kitchen cabinets into the spare bedroom . Well that got fixed pretty fast. I love your new faucet too and it is fun to get excited over new things in the kitchen . Donna

Erin said...

I love the new faucet. Very pretty!

Mardell said...

Ta da!! Just beautiful! :o) You picked out a really nice one, Sharon. That ought to last you for another 25 yrs. or so! (wink.)

Hope you had a nice weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...