This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I'm gonna miss him....

 I'm having a hard time.
 My baby has left the nest.
 Meaning....the nest is empty.
 It's weird. It's sad. It's happy. It's good. It's bad. It's hard. I took these pictures of Hayden the week before he left. This was a regular scene at our house for the past several weeks, he was sitting on his laptop on the phone working out his student loan details and all of his college arrangements. I'm going to miss his pile of college papers and notebooks. I'm going to miss seeing him on his laptop. I'm going to miss seeing him on the phone.
I'm going to miss seeing his guy stuff on the entryway table.
He always laid his keys and wallet here and, for some reason, his cologne and his deodorant too! haha!
 I'm going to miss hearing his video game playing in his bedroom, which is the room above the family room.
 I'm going to miss hearing him talking with the friends he's playing Halo against. I'm going to miss hearing his music blaring from his room. I'm going to really miss hearing him singing along with his music.
I'm going to miss seeing his tennis shoes sitting by the front door. He's left them here since...forever!
I'm going to miss seeing his football cleats by the front door. He's been running in them every day down at the middle school preparing him for college football.
 I'm going to miss seeing his sunflower seeds and laundry on the stairs.
 I'm going to miss looking out the front door in the morning and seeing his little red truck.
 I'm really going to miss seeing this little red truck.
 He already has a Pacific University decal on the back window.
I'm going to miss this kid.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon you were on my mind this morning after I woke up- and I've been praying for you...then I saw this post. God is good and He will help you through this time. I'll keep you in my prayers!
God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Hayden , as you embark on your new venture. Miss Blondie is really going to miss him too . Lots of hugs to you Sharon ! Donna

jen said...

Thinking about you and your season of life you are going through with thoughts of comfort for you and hoping this passes soon

Cottonwood Tales said...

It will be ok - I promise ! After the initial shock wears off and the hurt and sadness eases up, then snap - think about the possibilities - a sewing room? a craft room? You and your hubby will soon be used to just the two of you and a new routine - and I promise you will l-o-v-e it !!
Hugs, Karen in Texas

Sue said...

Thinking of you today, been there done that! Just wait until he comes home for that first weekend visit!, it will be like you haven't seen him in years!~smile!
Hugs,
Sue

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon, you really brought tears to my eyes... Been thinking/praying about you alot, too. Wish you can feel my hugs.

Have you started a care pkg. yet?! He's such a good kid. He'll be back soon for the holidays with a big hungry football player appetite! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...