This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Conflicting emotions....

 The day after we took Hayden to college I cleaned out the fridge and felt like crying. Who's going to eat these left over chocolate chip pancakes? Eric and I don't like them and Hayden's not here to eat them... boo~whoo... sniff.. sniff
On the flip-side.....at lunch time I bought a yummy chicken salad and I didn't have to "hide" it from that always hungry boy with a bottomless pit of a stomach! hee hee. Ya gotta look at the bright side of things.

Also, I finally heard from him on Thursday. When we dropped him off on Sunday and said our good-byes, he got on a bus and the next day he went on a football team river camping trip on the Dechutes river. It was a team bonding thing, so they took all of the students phones away when they got on the bus, so we had no contact until he got back on Thursday. Boy, oh boy, was it good to hear his voice. He sounded awesome. He said he had a lot of fun and already met many friends! I'm actually adjusting quite nicely so far! I've had a few bouts of tears, but not nearly as bad as I thought I'd have. I'm so very thankful! God is so good!

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His loving kindness is everlasting." Psalms 107:1

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Glad Hayden had a good time & that he's made new friends already. He's so likeable, so I bet it was easy for him! Happy to hear you're doing better, Sharon. :)

Have a great weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...