This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, July 13, 2012

Rocking out....

 Last weekend we spent two nights camping on the river and we had such a beautiful time! It was just Eric and I and our little family. It was awesome!!! I'll be posting pictures about our trip next week.
One of my favorite things to do when we go to the river is walk in the shallow water and look for pretty rocks. I have loved to do this since I was a tiny girl.
 I always bring home a handful of rocks and put them in the garden. They just don't look the same though when you bring them home, they are now dried and the colors are dull.
I was looking at them and thinking about how they are not as pretty as they were when I picked them, and then I remembered something that my Daddy taught me. You simply put the pretty rocks in a small jar.
 And then fill the jar with water....
 ...and seal it.
 Now they are so much brighter!
 The colors are full and pretty like they were in the river.
 I put the jar in the kitchen window where the sun can get through it.
 It makes me smile every time I see it. Not only are they beautiful and remind me of my childhood, but they also remind me of our awesome family camp trip on the river.
It's a simple little thing that brings me joy.

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge" II Samuel 22:3a


Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

What a great idea!

Deanna

Beth said...

What a great idea! I saw an idea on pinterest using three different heights of square glass holders that had pretty rocks in the bottom and had a floating candle on top of it. I thought it would be a neat wedding centerpiece idea (we are in the midst of getting ready for my son's wedding in a few weeks). Anyways, I thought that would be a great way to display your pretty rocks too.

Mardell said...

I love to collect rocks, too. Used to have a big collection of heart shaped ones. Didn't you blog about heart rocks a long time ago?

I have a "thing" for the flat, smooth river rocks as well.

When I was a kid, we had a rock tumbler. The quartz & granite turned out so beautiful. I remember making my mom a neckace with one of them. Been thinking about getting a tumbler for my son for Christmas.

Great idea about storing the rocks in water!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...