This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Father's Day!

Here's how we celebrated Father's Day this year. We started our day with me making Eric breakfast and then we went to church. We had a great service encouraging men to be better fathers. After the service they handed out Dad's root beer to all the fathers.
What a cute idea!
Even Pastor Brent had a cold one!
It was so funny to see the men walking around in the foyer talking and holding a brown bottle! haha!
Eric and I had a quiet afternoon relaxing and taking care of things around the house, then all the kids came over (well, everyone but Grayson, he had to work).
For Eric's birthday the boys bought him a beer making kit, so they planned on making it this afternoon. I will share all about this in detail when it's all finished. They worked on it most of the afternoon.                            
He was watching golf on TV while he was waiting!
Meanwhile, the boys had a big project going on.
 Mackenzie was helping Hayden install a new stereo and speakers in his truck.
Cameron's playing with Blondie.
I'm glad they know what they're doing, because I sure don't!
Mackenzie is an expert with anything that's related to music!
I love it when they help each other. It warms my heart. 
The boys are helping Eric with the next step of the beer making. 
Brother helping brother!
They're so cute!
I LOVE it when our home is like this!
There's so much going on! So much life!!!
Two love birds!
Brittany's taking a picture of Mackenzie and Eric.
It turned out nice!
She helped me set the table. We decided to eat out on the deck since it was such a nice evening.
We decided to use a white tablecloth and used the Blue Willow china.
What a pretty table!
Time to eat!
Eric requested barbecued steak, baked beans and broccoli-bacon-grape & cashew salad. Yummm! It was a delicious!
I love our family!
I love this man! What a great father he has been to our four sons!
Time to open cards and gifts!
I made two pies, a cherry and an apple. I cheated though....I used frozen crusts and canned filling. They still count as homemade because I put them together and I baked them in my oven! haha! They actually tasted really good!
The cherry one was everyone's favorite and Mackenzie approved!
Brittany took these neat photos on Instagram depicting our evening. Eric had a great Father's day!

"My child, don’t reject the Lord’s discipline, and don’t be upset when he corrects you. For the Lord corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights." Proverbs 3:11-12

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
What a wonderful Father's Day for Eric. Looks like a fun day for all! :o) Love the pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...