This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dinner for two....

I was desperate for some much needed "Shan time" with my best friend, Shannon. My hubby was out of town fishing and my son, Hayden, was working until 10:30 pm, so I had the evening free.
I texted Shannon and asked her if she'd like to meet me somewhere for a glass of wine and perhaps dinner. She wrote me back and said she'd love to, but where. Then I started thinking....
....and said to her, "Why not come over to my house?" I told her I would pick up a salad and bread and she said she'd bring the wine.
I just bought a grab and go chicken salad and garlic bread at the local pizza parlor.
At first I thought we'd just eat in the house at the dining room table and then I decided that because it was such a beautiful evening that it would be really fun to set a cute little bistro table out on the back deck. The the wheels started rolling on making a really special table for my dear friend Shannon.
I used my darling little red and white rooster checkered plates that I found at a garage sale. I paid $20.00 for a complete set of four. I love the red and white checks and the country french rooster in the center.
I paired them with this fabulous handmade vintage red and white rooster stitched tablecloth. I found it at a garage sale for $1.00! Isn't this just soooo cute and it goes perfectly with my dishes! It must be morning time for Mr. Rooster, notice that there are musical notes all around the boarder depicting him crowing a loud "cockle-doodle-doo" good morning to all the chicks in the hen house!
I needed a cute centerpiece so I "shopped" my house and found these darling vintage black rooster bookends. Perfecto!!!
I love the way it all came together!
The sun was directed right on our table, but it was not too hot, it was a beautiful evening.
When Shannon got there we opened the wine and brought the food outside.
Doesn't the table look pretty and fun!
Mmmmm! This is a perfect little light meal and was so easy to put together.
Please excuse me now, Shannon and I anxious to start our meal and have a good old fashioned hen talk!

"He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for people to cultivate; bringing forth food from the earth, wine that gladdens human hearts, oil to make their faces shine, and bread that sustains their hearts." Psalm 104:14-15

Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Mardell said...

It's just beautiful, Sharon! Love the cute table setting. Isn't it fun to go "shopping" in your own home?

Gypsy Heart said...

What a beautiful table! Of course, red is my favorite color so it is especially pleasing to me. I was checking the musical notes on the border of the tablecloth ~ unique and a touch of whimsy which I like.

I'm a new follower and so glad to have found your blog...via Kristen's.
Stop by and say hi when you can!

Pat

Shelia said...

What a sweet Rooster table! I love your tablecloth, dishes and your cute Roosters! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

mishebe said...

Ok so cute. Love the Roosters, want them. Lucky find dishes and tablecloth is perfect!

Rose of Sharon said...

Hi ladies! I've gone to your blogs and tried to leave comments, but I can't. It asks me to chose a source and there are no choices and it will not accept my comment. I'm sorry! I hope it can get fixed soon.

Veronica Ford said...

Would love the info on the red and white checkered plates with the roosters. Manufacturer, etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...