This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Our new screen door...

Yesterday I mentioned that we got new screen doors on the back and the front of the house and I showed you the back screen door. Today I want to show you our new front screen door. Can you see it?
It's right there!
Yep, it's an invisible slider screen!
It stays tucked away until you need it and then simply...
...gently pull on it...
...and there it is! It's called a retractable screen door.
So far we love it!
I miss my cute old wooden Victorian screen that squeaked like the one on the Walton's TV show that we had here before.  My husband took it off when we painted our house last fall and after we painted the front door red, we realized we didn't want to cover it up with a screen.
When we rented a cabin a few weeks ago they had one of these tuck away screens and we thought it would be a perfect solution for us!
It was pretty easy for my husband to install.
And it's very easy to use.
It just slides right open.
Pretty neat huh!
It works great and looks great! It would also work great for someone who did not have space for a swinging screen door.
We had a large party last week and we did find out a little problem. People don't realize that it slides and they just yank on the handle to open it.
It pulls out and falls off the track....
...but the good news is that it just pops right back into place. I also like it because I have seen my cat force his way through it and it doesn't cause any damage, I just have to put it back on the track!
The other draw back is that it's black and when we forget and shut the door with the screen door out, it makes our front door look burgundy, which is really no big deal. I also am not a huge fan of the frame around our door, but that's something we'll get used to.
Otherwise, I think it's a perfect solution and we love it!

"You shall make a screen for the doorway of the tent of blue and purple and scarlet material and fine twisted linen, the work of a weaver." Exodus 26:36


Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Mardell said...

I love it!!! Nice choice! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thats a great solution Sharon and it looks perfectly fine. I did not even know they had such things . I am going to check them out because i could use one on my front door. I love the red door too , mine is boring white , I may have to change that up a bit too. Donna

Mardell said...

Meant to ask you, Sharon if you & Eric have had a chance to go 4-wheeling this year? You've been so busy & all... Hopefully you'll be able to sneak away for a little adventure! :o)

Rose of Sharon said...

Donna, you should paint your front door red, it's so fun and adds such a pop to the house! Kinda like red lipstick! haha!

Mardell, Thank you! No, Eric and and I have not had a chance to go 4-wheel'n and we are itching to get out. I think we still need to wait a few more weeks. We still have a lot going on.

I hope both of you ladies are enjoying your summers so far!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...