This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, June 25, 2012

Memorial day at the Cabin!!!!

Well, it's not our cabin, but it was ours for the weekend!
This is our third stay here and we just love it.
It's very rustic and it sits right on a rushing creek. We purchased a weekend here at the Bulldog Auction and we were so thrilled we were able to rent it out for Memorial Day weekend.
Oregon's weather has been so weird this year; we were amazed to still see snow on the ground!
Here's the view from one of the living room windows.
And a view from the deck.
This is what you see when you lookout the main window and go out on the deck. It's so beautiful!
I love how cozy and "cabin-y" it looks.
There's even a trio of antelope heads next to a huge old riffle.
And what cabin would be complete without a bearskin rug on the wall? Haha!
The first night we got there it was just Eric, me, Cameron and Hayden, and Blondie of course!
We ate dinner on the way up to the cabin, so once we got unpacked and settled in, Hayden got in the hot tub.
Cameron had lots of homework to do for college, so he set up his laptop and got busy.
Hayden brought his Xbox and Eric was watching TV. It was nice and relaxing.
What's a weekend getaway without snacks??? That night we watched TV, talked and went to bed.
The next day Eric got up very early and went out fishing in the near by lake. I slept in and had a lazy morning with my coffee!
I sat out on the deck for a bit to have some devotional time with the Lord.
When Hayden woke up he got in the creek!
Eric's back!
It was so fun to just relax and have a lazy morning.
Eric helped me make breakfast burritos.
Mackenzie and Brittany arrived after breakfast.
Then Grayson arrived with his new puppy, Layla.
We all were eagerly awaiting to see the little pup!
Blondie and Layla. At first Blondie liked Layla, but then she got a little jeleous of all the attention Layla got.
We had a lot of down time just relaxing.
Mackenzie was working on some music and photo projects.
I loved being their with my whole family.
I cannot believe how handsome my sons are! Here's Mackenzie with a cool double take photo.
Cameron.
Grayson.
Hayden.
And here's beautiful Brittany. Eric and Grayson went fishing, Mackenzie was doing work on his computer, Cameron was doing homework and Hayden was playing Xbox, so Brittany and I watched Shutter Island together!
It was so fun having popcorn and watching a good movie.
Blondie looks like she's ready for a nap! Come back tomorrow to see more of our little vacation!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." Romans 15:13
Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Jan said...

Isn't family time the greatest?

I love the photo of Blondie and Layla! It will be fun to watch the size difference disappear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...