This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, June 11, 2012

He did it!

Our last child of four boys graduated from high school last Friday night. We are so proud of him. We are so proud of us! My husband and I were talking and we both have such a sense of accomplishment. We have raised four wonderful sons who are all doing really well. Our buttons are busting with pride!

It has been a whirlwind week with all the events that happen that last week of school before graduation and all the planning and preparation with All Night Grad Party Committee I have been on since last fall We have been working hard fundraising and planning both the senior breakfast and the all night party and this week it all came together successfully. I've also been preparing our home for his big family and friend Grad party that we had yesterday. Needless to say...I'm exhausted.

It has been a roller coster of emotions for me. I've been going down memory lane a lot this week (actually, the whole year!) remembering when Hayden was just a little boy. He grew up so fast. So far, I am happily surprised that I am not a big bawling mess. I tear up once in awhile, but overall, I have a feeling of completeness and accomplishment. But, I know from past experience that it could hit me like a ton of bricks and I could get really sad and cry like a baby, I really hope that I don't do this. I am focusing on the next phase of Hayden's life and it's really exciting for me to know that he's going to be going off to college and starting his adult life! I wish him the best and pray that the Lord will guide, direct and bless him through his new journey.

This next week I will be blogging about his grad week and all the fun we had.

“May the Lord bless you and keep you; may He make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; may the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. ” Numbers 6:24-26


Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Beth said...

This post made me smile. I am so happy for your entire family, but especially for you. I'm glad that you are feeling joy and a sense of accomplishment. Life for Hayden is just beginning.....as it is for you too. It is the beginning of the next phase of life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...