This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, June 18, 2012

Hayden's grad party....

On the Sunday after Hayden graduated we had a big party for him at our home and invited family and friends.
We worked hard for several weeks getting our home in ship-shape order. I put balloons out on the front porch along with a Congratulations Grad sign.
I hung a "Congratulations" sign on the mantle.
And I made a beautiful cake table that ended up looking more like a  Hayden shrine!
When he was in the Mr. Bulldog pageant, the girls made him this big sign with his name and picture on it. He had it hanging on his bedroom door and I grabbed it and wrote Goodbye High School, Hello Pacific U! Go Boxers" on it and topped it off with another "Congratulations" banner.
Here's the grad now in front of his cake.
Proud Mama! At this point, I am soooo exhausted, but so happy that everything on my "To Do" list is done and now I just get to relax and enjoy this party.
I thought the table turned out cute. I loaded it with red, white and black graduation-themed items.
I ordered a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and butter cream frosting! Yum!
Awe...his kindergarten picture and his graduation picture side by side. Where did the time go?
Here's a framed picture of him receiving his diploma! Good job Hayden!
I made a delicious punch with crushed strawberries, crushed pineapple, pink lemonade and 7-up.
In the kitchen I made a little bulldog/football display next to the paper products and chips.
We served two types of sub sandwiches, homemade potato salad, jello fluffy salad, homemade baked beans and watermelon.
I served the sandwiches on these huge, neat vintage trays.
Hayden finished his scrapbook the night before. When he was finished with it he picked it up and said, "Look at this bad boy" which cracked me up! We laid it out on the patio table for everyone to look at. I wrote  "The Life and Times of Hayden Elliot" on the front of it.
It's really fun to look at.
It's messy and has things hanging out of it.
....and the photos are not in chronological order. I love it! All of my boys made these and they are like a time capsule of their lives, I think they are awesome. In the next few weeks I will do a post to talk more about these old fashioned scrapbooks.
It's 2:30 and people are starting to arrive!
My mama, Shirley, and two sisters, Kathi, Kelli, and me.
My sweet Aunt Jo.
Hayden's lifetime friend, Nik, arrived with a card.
Grayson brought his darling puppy, Layla, and is showing her to my husband's cousin Jeff and his wife Rebbecca.
Hayden and his friends looking at the scrapbook.
Sam and Chevy getting a kick out of Hayden's memories.
Hayden and his boss from the gas station, Bill (he's also the owner).
Grandpa Jim and Grandma Alice with Hayden's Aunt Stacey.
Mackenzie, Brittany, Cameron and Stacey getting food and visiting.
Hayden's Uncle Ralph, his boss, Bill and his Dad.
Kelli, Brittany and Kathi.
We had a nice-sized crowd.
Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Leonard.
Eric, Jim and Stacey with Hayden and Grandpa Jim in the background.
Hayden with his grandpa Jim.
The guys visiting.
Hayden with his buddies.
Friends!
The patio was full!
Ladies visiting up in the lawn.
Mackenzie with Uncle Stacey.
Cameron and Grayson checking out Hayden's scrapbook.
We couldn't have asked for better weather.
Rebbecca, Jeff and Stacey.
The two grandmas with Aunt Kelli enjoying the scrapbook.
This is such a darling picture. Brittany's holding our friend's newborn baby girl, Anika, while Grandma Shirley admires the baby.
Brittany sure looks good holding that baby! I can't wait until one day when she's holding her own, which will be my grand-baby!!!! I need to be patient and wait until they are ready though! :0)
Grandma Alice holding Anika. So sweet!!!
 Our dog, Blondie played and played with Layla!
Eric visiting with Todd and Amanda and their kids.
Friends having fun.
Brothers!
Congratulation's Hayden! You did it!!!
Brittany holding Anika again while visiting with Anika's mama, Amy.
Time to open all of the cards and gifts!!!
Hayden adding up his rewards! haha! People were so generous!
We asked that our kids write the thank you notes before they were able to spend the money they received from graduation; this ensures that the notes get written! :0) Hayden has his all done and they are in the mail now! He bought a lap top for college with his money.

I can't believe it's all over! It was a very busy year, but Hayden had a great senior year! I thought I'd be really sad and crying all the time after graduation, but so far, so good, I have not been sad at all I have a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and feel very good about everything! Praise the Lord.

Congratulation's Hayden you did it!!!! Now off to college in a few weeks!

"And God is able to make all grace 
abound to you, so that in all things 
at all times, having all that you need,
 you will abound in every good work.” 
II Corinthians 9:8


Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

as always starzie said...

So happy for all of you! Congratulations to Hayden! What a wonderful young man! Good luck on any future endeavors. I know he will be successful with any path he decides to take!
Hugs,
Darlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...