This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Getting the yard ready for a party.....

We did a lot of work to get our home in shape for Hayden's graduation party. 
The first thing we did was go to the nursery and buy our color spots and vegetable starts.
Oh how I love to shop for flowers! It's hard to choose because I love them all and I want them all!
We bought found lots of pretty flowers!
This is what we brought home.
Aren't they beautiful!
I spent a Sunday afternoon and planted all the pots on the deck.
I really enjoy doing this.
All done!
I made several pretty pots like this one.
Everything looks so fresh.
Pretty!
Refreshing!
Everything looks so new and clean.
I love it!
Meanwhile, Eric and Hayden planted the garden.
We have a bare minimum garden this year.
They planted onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, peppers and pumpkins.
Hayden helped a lot in the yard this year.
Here he is sprinkling all the flowers he planted with Miracle Grow.
Eric and Hayden are working together in this flowerbed.
It started as a fish pond, warped into a fire pit and now it's a flower bed.
Hayden was working hard.
It turned out pretty!
Meanwhile Eric was putting new screens on the front door and on the backdoor. He's such a hard worker!
Our other screen doors were actually falling apart and when we painted the house last fall Eric took them off and threw them away. Now he's replacing them.   He put a really cool screen on the front door, I'll show that to you at another time. I'm so thankful to have my screens up again! I love to have our doors open with just the screen door there on hot sunny days, it just feels so summery!
Another project that I did was work in the garden shed. I cleaned and organized it.
I finally had some time and I organized all of my seasonal front porch decorations.
I put them all in wooden crates and plastic bins.
It feels so good to get this area cleaned up.
Just in time for planting season!
While we're out in the yard, I wanted to show you this gorgeous rhododendron; it's such a brilliant purple!
It feels so good to get the yard in shape. Everything looked so great for our party and now we get to enjoy it the rest of the summer!

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building." I Corinthians 3:6-9


Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Everything is so pretty, Sharon. I didn't plant any flowers this year (except for the morning glories.) My yard looks awful.

Love all of your sweet touches!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...